Blake Wheeler of Breck Highschool, Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
RW Blake Wheeler Rated 46 North American CSS

Does anyone have some info on this kid? I hear he is 6'4" 215 lbs and a mean PF SOB on some sites and then on others he is 6'-2" 185 lbs kid with some skill. Please give me info and preferablly a source as well.

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
Cup4Wings said:
RW Blake Wheeler Rated 46 North American CSS

Does anyone have some info on this kid? I hear he is 6'4" 215 lbs and a mean PF SOB on some sites and then on others he is 6'-2" 185 lbs kid with some skill. Please give me info and preferablly a source as well.

He's big. 6-5 or so.

He's also declared for the draft, which, along with a strong performance in the Minnesota HS tourney, should send his stock shooting up...

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Stock Rocks said:
He's big. 6-5 or so.

He's also declared for the draft, which, along with a strong performance in the Minnesota HS tourney, should send his stock shooting up...
A guy I know who played for Breck said he is huge and plays that way. He is choosing between BC and Minnesota.

X-SHARKIE

I play high school in Wisconsin.... I played against Brock over the summer.

THe book on him is correct, he's massive, and just dominates the high school game..... He has alot of upside, he has some sick skills to. Although he was a ***** in the lockeroom. His slap shot is the hardest i've ever faced.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Any chance Wheeler could sneak into the late first round?

After all, after the first 18-20 picks..it is a crap shoot.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
Any chance Wheeler could sneak into the late first round?

After all, after the first 18-20 picks..it is a crap shoot.

There definitely is a chance. All it takes is one team to love him. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised at all, Wheeler was rated somewhere around a late 2nd round pick before all of this hype following his explosive tournament showing. Keep in mind also that 6 or 7 college kids ahead of him are likely to opt out, so in my eyes he is a sure-fire 2nd round pick, with the possibility to be a late first.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
TMHUNH said:
There definitely is a chance. All it takes is one team to love him. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised at all, Wheeler was rated somewhere around a late 2nd round pick before all of this hype following his explosive tournament showing. Keep in mind also that 6 or 7 college kids ahead of him are likely to opt out, so in my eyes he is a sure-fire 2nd round pick, with the possibility to be a late first.

I agree. Look no further than the example of Brian Boyle last year, and Mike Morris a couple years back. If a team feels a high school player has enough upside, than there's a chance he could be drafted in the first or second round. Wheeler seems to be generating some buzz, and in a draft year which has some top tier talent that drops off a bit, he could be a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad