Confirmed with Link: Blake Wheeler Finalist For Mark Messier Leadership Award

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Only one of them is considered by their own team to be the best leader on their team and these are the 3 nominees? How does that make sense?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Not sure about Simmons but Engellend is a Vegas resident who led the Vegas Strong campaign. The Messier Award is for demonstrating leadership both on and off the ice.

Reactions: purdy44

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I don't get what these nominees even mean. The other awards the nominees are the top 3 vote getters, but this award is simply chosen by Mark Messier.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
The guy that raise the Stanley Cup Will Also take this award. 100 % :win: Blake Wheeler :pcheer:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
If he doesn't win this award - "we should invent one" --the award should be called the-"You Should Have Won Something Trophy" --and each team could award this new trophy to the member of their team they feel deserves the recognition. This way, every great player on "each team" will have a trophy he can proudly display.;)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
If he doesn't win this award - "we should invent one" --the award should be called the-"You Should Have Won Something Trophy" --and each team could award this new trophy to the member of their team they feel deserves the recognition. This way, every [...] player on "each team" will have a trophy he can proudly display.;)

You've just described my entire trophy cabinet -- a sporting life's worth of showing up and giving 110% -- skillz or actual contributions be damned!

I regard the Messier Celebrating Messier Award with extreme scepticism, but Blake deserves something besides his upcoming Conn Smyth. Let this be it.

Reactions: GNP

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
Wheeler's got a heck of a case for it, but I feel like all the "Yay Vegas!" stuff (plus the #VegasStrong stuff after the shooting there...) will tilt this toward the King Of Engelland...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad