Blake Out For World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnaby_Joe*

Well, that sucks. :cry: Canada has so much depth on D, it's not even funny. I hope they bring in Stevens.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
well, although it's a big loss because he's arguably our best defenseman, i don't think it's the end of the world.

i'd just have niedermayer/pronger and jovanovski/redden paired together and taking most of the icetime, with any combination of brewer, foote, regehr, and whoever replaces blake filling whats left. he's awsome, but this isn't like if slovakia lost chara. canada has a ton of depth on defense, and there's a lot of very good replacements out there

-bouwmeester
-mccabe
-souray
-phillips
-hannan
-stevens (if healthy)
-smith
-morris
-aucoin

i think we'll be fine. the defense is still better than any other country

Burnaby_Joe*

If Blake can't play.

Niedermayer Foote
Stevens Jovanovski
Pronger Redden

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
speak of the devil, i'm 99% sure i saw adam foote at my friend's junior B lacrosse game tonight in markham (oddly enough). i was really considering going up to him and asking about how hurt blake is, but he was with his kids, and i didnt want to be told to screw off by a member of team canada. it would hurt my pride. :shakehead

Burnaby_Joe*

arrbez said:
speak of the devil, i'm 99% sure i saw adam foote at my friend's junior B lacrosse game tonight in markham (oddly enough). i was really considering going up to him and asking about how hurt blake is, but he was with his kids, and i didnt want to be told to screw off by a member of team canada. it would hurt my pride. :shakehead

You seen Adam Foote? :eek: You lucky *******. ;)

leafaholix*

arrbez said:
I wouldn't go up to him for different reasons... but if you were to approach him, he's 100% class and wouldn't tell you to screw off.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
It would definitely not help Canada if Blake was unable to play.

That said, to me, Canada's depth at D is entirely unmatched by any other nation. I would be comfortable icing Canada's 7-14 best defenceman against the other countries.

Losing Rob Blake is a major blow, if it happens, but all it means is somebody who was on the team before that wasn't going to play (Read two of Brewer, Redden, or Regehr to me) will now see ice time. Plus, we have to name somebody else to the squad. No other country can lose a top defenceman and as a consolation have to name a Jay Bouwmeester, Scott Stevens, Scott Hannan, or whatever to the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad