Blake Geoffrion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
I have seen this kid play in tournaments over the past couple of years and consider him one of the top pro prospects among US 1988's.

I was perusing some stats and noticed that he has 0 points and 23 penalty minutes after only 2 games with the NTDP U-17 team. Only one other guy on the team has as many as 4 PIM's.

I don't know if he's chosen a route yet, but perhaps his aggressive style would be better suited to develop in the OHL in Brampton rather than in college.

Comments?

RamblersHockey

Jun 8, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Blake is Boom Boom's grandson.

As for his PIM's, he got in a fight with under five minutes remaining in the game against the Soo. As a result, he picked up a game misconduct. Thus 5 minutes for fighting, 10 minute misconduct and the game misconduct counts as 10 minutes.

PredsFan77*

He's a good kid, I used to play squirts with him down here in Nashville. His Dad was an assistant coach, and at the end of the year we all got autographed pictures of Boom Boom.

Rather Gingerly 1*

RamblersHockey said:
Blake is Boom Boom's grandson.

As for his PIM's, he got in a fight with under five minutes remaining in the game against the Soo. As a result, he picked up a game misconduct. Thus 5 minutes for fighting, 10 minute misconduct and the game misconduct counts as 10 minutes.

Is he Dan's son?

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
The NTDP coaches are going to have to control him. The U17 team is a good team but he will kill them with all the penalties he's taking. Until he learns that he is much more of a scoring theat on the ice instead of in the box he will be stuck on zero!

db23

Someone just explained above that he got all of his minutes in one shift near the end of the game.

The guy on the NTDP who is intriguing is James O'Brien. He is an 89 birthdate and has 3 points in 3 games. 6-2, 175, at 15 years of age. Youngest of the U17 players and seems to be one of the best already.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
They don't seem to have the big goal scorers like the U18 team.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
db23 said:
Someone just explained above that he got all of his minutes in one shift near the end of the game.

The guy on the NTDP who is intriguing is James O'Brien. He is an 89 birthdate and has 3 points in 3 games. 6-2, 175, at 15 years of age. Youngest of the U17 players and seems to be one of the best already.

Yes O'Brien would be one of the best 89 born players in NOrth America right now.

Ben Strait is an awsome d-man as well, I really like Geoffrion too and Rathcuk has some really big talent levels as well.

Sweatt is a big name for the team along with Pat Kane and so is Luke Popko and along with Chris Atkinson and Rakhshani.

Also Joe Palmer is considered maybe the best goalie for his age and possibly the 2006 draft as well.

I think all these guys are going to make good in their NHL draft years

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I think you mean Brian Strait. Thay have a great group of defensemen. Strait and Johnson will put up some points this year.

db23

They seem to have split the squad now. All of the players participated in the early games against NAHL and USHL opposition. Now the U18 team takes off to play a bunch of NCAA teams while the U17 will continue to play in the NAHL. I don't know much about the U17 kids, but O'Brien seems to jump out. He should be a very good sized prospect by the time he is draft eligible in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->