Confirmed with Link: Blake Geoffrion hired as pro scout

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Blake is a great story. Go to Bucci's twitter feed. He's posted a feature on how he got to this point. Pretty serious injury and lucky to be alive. He certainly has hockey blood in his veins....

Disturbed1

Dale ****ing Weise
Dec 31, 2010
Canada
Class act Columbus, now my second team.... you guys might see an influx of habs fans on your boards, for the better or worse :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Great gesture by JK and JD. Hopefully they all bring something good to the table.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I'm afraid I don't know a ton about him beyond that he played a bit in Nashville and suffered a nasty injury but people seem to be raving about him so I'm excited to see what he brings to the table.

Oldracer

Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Tap of the stick from down here in Raleigh, NC. Won't be rooting for you guys against my Canes, but, respect for sure.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Ok I just read Bucci's story. I kind of want to go find Blake and give him a hug. Such an experience for a young guy like him to go through.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Congrats for Blake, he was a good player. I'm was worried when i saw that hit he took this year. Columbus you have my respect for this hiring.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
Whoa. That was unexpected. Thought for sure he would do something with Montreal.

Good to have him here regardless. I just wanted him to end up with some team in the NHL. Sucks he had to retire but definitely a smart move due to the injuries.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
great hire!! his age will be an asset when contacting players...someone younger who is closer to them in 'mindset'...and who recently played the game at a high level

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I like this hire. I've always believed our pro scouting department was lacking in creativity in the Dunk Competition. :sarcasm:

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
A friend of mine went to school with him at Culver. So I've always had an interest in his career. Good to see him with CBJ.

jore

Dec 26, 2007
Hmmm.... A guy with no scouting experience and very limited pro-hockey experience overall. Can't say I'm too excited about this signing, but I hope Kekäläinen & crew signed him for reasons other than the injury & 15 minutes of fame that followed.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hmmm.... A guy with no scouting experience and very limited pro-hockey experience overall. Can't say I'm too excited about this signing, but I hope Kekäläinen & crew signed him for reasons other than the injury & 15 minutes of fame that followed.

Wow. He's not an assistant GM or something. Dude is a scout. An important information-gathering job for sure, but with no decision-making responsibilities. And I hardly think there's any sort of glory/fame to go along with this for GMJK.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki

Not many become scouts at age 25. He's an investment that could start to pay off big time down the road. I doubt CBJ will go bankrupt because of this.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH

Well he has played against a great number of them.

He is a pro scout not amateur, much less analysis (guesswork) involved, most guys already at this point are what they are going to be. I would think just be able to identify traits and tendencies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Not really a "signing" - more like, "hey, would you mind going to the Blackhawks game tonight, watch so and so, take notes, email us the results and bill us for the time."

Absolutely no risk involved in this situation. Plus, he was just playing against NHL players and probably knows them better than anyone in our pro scouting department.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Good move.

Former NHLer with hockey bloodlines gets his foot in the door with an organization that, while they've been somewhat relegated to the back page, has recently shown a willingness to give hockey players jobs in the front office.

CBJ get good press, and Blake's story gets a happy uptick as he's back in the league in some capacity.

lotsaluv4cbj

Jun 20, 2011
Blacklick, OH
Gonna have to agree that it will definitely be a benefit to have someone who was "just playing" in our scouting department! Essentially he was being scouted last week and now he's scouting!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad