Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I'm interested in Blake Comeau. Last year he posted:
71GP 10G 23A 33Pts

This year his stats thus far have improved to:
60GP 22G 23A 45Pts

Which has him on par with Seitsonen and ahead of Ladd. Does anyone who has watched him play know what he is doing differently than last year? How is he getting his goals? Mostly just camping in front of the net and banging in garbage? Or is he actually showing improved hands or just a better finishing instinct? Any info on his play this year would be appreciated.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
He is playing with more confidence. He is starting to learn that he can be a great player in this league. Next year he should be more of the best players in the league.(IMO)

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
he will be one of the better players in the league imo, easily.. he's got a great set of tools, two way smarts, and amazing speed.. can handle the puck and can make good shots..

great pick for the isles

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
I liked the Comeau pick and compared him to Asham when he was drafted, but now I am not sure that is a suitable comparison, because I see how much different Comeau's game is than Asham's. "Amazing speed" for Comeau I think is a bit of an over-statement. IMO, he is a very hard worker and is more aware defensively than Aron Asham. Comeau needs to consistently score goals while moving his feet to seperate himself from others in his draft year. If he won't cycle he will not make the NHL.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I've been impressed with what I've seen(rather, heard) after having listened to almost every Rockets game this year. I could see him as a solid third or fourth line kind of guy, in either the AHL or NHL. Good complimentary player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad