Confirmed with Link: Blake Comeau re-signs with Stars (1 year x 1M)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Expansion draft signing. Absolutely fine and he's been good here anyway.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars still needed to sign another forward for the expansion draft to fullfill the forward requirement unless they wanted to expose Pavelski . Could've tried harder to re-sign RFA Dickinson before expansion i guess but that works too.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Like I said a week ago, Comeau back is fine at league minimum and on the 4th line.

$250k over that.. but I ain't about to cry about it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
elite

I'm actually good with it. I'm fine with Blake for $1 mil and like him as a 4th liner. I just hope Nill doesn't try and bring Cogs back.
I feel like it's inevitable after how terrible all of the younger fourth line guys were. Nill is for sure going to add Coglinao or another grizzled vet winger.

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
This is fine, actually less than I thought.

I will be mad about something this off season, but this ain't it.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Hopefully signing Comeau means Cogliano and Dowling are walking.

1M Comeau and losing those two players would be the best outcome imaginable for those three this off-season.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
$1M for one year for a player who provides what Dallas' system already covers, offers no offense, and isn't even good on the PK.

war-blake-comeau.png

I could live with it if I thought Bowness would give him 4th line minutes but Comeau wasn't just a top six minutes forward (even accounting for Seguin and Radulov's TOI per game). He was also used to tie it up late. Seems innocuous. Maybe it is. Still feels like the equivalent of a fart noise. Especially when Dallas is trailing in games next year and fans are asking "did Bowness just double shift Comeau late in the game???"

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars still needed to sign another forward for the expansion draft to fullfill the forward requirement unless they wanted to expose Pavelski . Could've tried harder to re-sign RFA Dickinson before expansion i guess but that works too.

Reactions: sportswastaken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad