Value of: Blake Coleman to a contender

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Having a career year, by far the Flames best winger this season. I think the Flames should consider moving him while his value is at an all time high. I could see a contender interesting in his services. What would the Flames get for him?

53GP: 21G, 21A, 43P

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Would rather the Flames hold onto him. He's great and you need some vets to help along the young guys or you end up in purgatory.

That said, if someone is willing to offer something stupid for him I suppose then you do it.

I think he is worth more to the franchise at them moment than he would return in a trade though.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Would rather the Flames hold onto him. He's great and you need some vets to help along the young guys or you end up in purgatory.

That said, if someone is willing to offer something stupid for him I suppose then you do it.

I think he is worth more to the franchise at them moment than he would return in a trade though.
Agreed. I think Backlund and Coleman are the 2 guys you keep up front so you don't end up like Columbus. Those guys can play the opposition top lines and win the battle most nights. Don't move them out. Keep one solid D pairing for the same reason.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Another 3 years at 4.9 per, would love his experience in the playoffs and Finals, but that’s a bit rich still seeing as who we need to re-sign.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fits the Bunting/Hyman role like a glove... Leafs should go all in. Also the Treliving-contact doesn't hurt... Liljegren+Kampf+2nd?
Not even in the ballpark for me. I don't want to move Coleman unless the offer contains strong pieces. I'd be wanting a package consisting of the following:

1 of 1st round pick or Cowan
1 good or bust prospect Grebyonkin or Niemela
1 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 4th.

Anything less and I'd rather keep Coleman and let him and Backlund continue to insulate a young roster.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Would still love for Coleman to come home and be the first DFW-born Dallas Star, but I think that ship has sailed. Not sure how we could fit him in this year and long term.

It would have to be something like Dadonov, a first and a non-Bichsel/Stankoven/Bourque prospect

But I think I'd rather just roll with what we have

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Having a career year, by far the Flames best winger this season. I think the Flames should consider moving him while his value is at an all time high. I could see a contender interesting in his services. What would the Flames get for him?

53GP: 21G, 21A, 43P
You Flames fans are some fast to give up season

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Not even in the ballpark for me. I don't want to move Coleman unless the offer contains strong pieces. I'd be wanting a package consisting of the following:

1 of 1st round pick or Cowan
1 good or bust prospect Grebyonkin or Niemela
1 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 4th.

Anything less and I'd rather keep Coleman and let him and Backlund continue to insulate a young roster.
Keep him, he's not worth anywhere near that especially to the Leafs. Let him mentor the next wave of young Calgary Flames players.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Keep him, he's not worth anywhere near that especially to the Leafs. Let him mentor the next wave of young Calgary Flames players.
He's exactly what the Leafs need up front, but he's exactly what the Flames need for insulation too. Blueline has got to be the priority there. They can't possibly win with that group of D. They shouldn't have let Hyman walk and it wouldn't be an issue. He was willing to sign there at 4.5M. Dubas should be fired into the sun for letting him walk for that.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
He's exactly what the Leafs need up front, but he's exactly what the Flames need for insulation too. Blueline has got to be the priority there. They can't possibly win with that group of D. They shouldn't have let Hyman walk and it wouldn't be an issue. He was willing to sign there at 4.5M. Dubas should be fired into the sun for letting him walk for that.
I agree, letting Hyman walk was a massive mistake, I also agree the blue line needs massive work done to it. This is probably a throw away year for the Leafs to be honest. Their is just to many holes to fill through trade and not enough assets.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I agree, letting Hyman walk was a massive mistake, I also agree the blue line needs massive work done to it. This is probably a throw away year for the Leafs to be honest. Their is just to many holes to fill through trade and not enough assets.
It could be true. You'd need a goalie to get hot and at least one defenseman. I know Treliving though. He'll move out picks for players. He's always in futures deficit mode.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
You Flames fans are some fast to give up season

Fast? Any Flames fans giving up on the season now are late to the party.

We have 4 core members that were known to be on the way out. 2 of 4 have been resolved (Z, Lindholm vs Tanev, Hanifin). That's ignoring the Backlund one that was resolved in the offseason before the season began (2 year extension). A fifth core piece has popped up (Markstrom) in rumors as being negotiated in depth.

That's not including the damper on the season like Pelletier injury, Snow's passing etc.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Would still love for Coleman to come home and be the first DFW-born Dallas Star, but I think that ship has sailed. Not sure how we could fit him in this year and long term.

It would have to be something like Dadonov, a first and a non-Bichsel/Stankoven/Bourque prospect

But I think I'd rather just roll with what we have
Honestly, I think the only team on his radar would be Dallas. Maybe we can take back Marchment? Or is he doing okay now?

I don’t think he would go to Dallas until Ben’s contract expires anyway. Could definitely see a trade in the off-season of 2025.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

We got offered and given something stupid for him and a lot of us still wish we had him.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Honestly, I think the only team on his radar would be Dallas. Maybe we can take back Marchment? Or is he doing okay now?

I don’t think he would go to Dallas until Ben’s contract expires anyway. Could definitely see a trade in the off-season of 2025.
Marchment has 42 pts in 52 games and the Marchment-Duchene-Seguin line has been stupidly good all season. Definitely not a player the Stars would move.

Faska or Dadonov make the most sense as players to be included, but I just dont see how the Stars can add a 4.9 mil AAV player with a lot of term. They're set up too good in the near and long term to jeopardize that.

Reactions: CraigsList

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Marchment has 42 pts in 52 games and the Marchment-Duchene-Seguin line has been stupidly good all season. Definitely not a player the Stars would move.

Faska or Dadonov make the most sense as players to be included, but I just dont see how the Stars can add a 4.9 mil AAV player with a lot of term. They're set up too good in the near and long term to jeopardize that.
I like Faksa actually. He's underrated. No interest in Dadonov. I just think Dallas needs one of our D, not a forward. I wouldn't understand the fit.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I like Faksa actually. He's underrated. No interest in Dadonov. I just think Dallas needs one of our D, not a forward. I wouldn't understand the fit.
I agree that the fit with Calgary would be defense, not forward. Tanev makes obvious sense, but I don't think Dallas will pony up what Calgary will eventually get for him.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I agree that the fit with Calgary would be defense, not forward. Tanev makes obvious sense, but I don't think Dallas will pony up what Calgary will eventually get for him.
I think Hanifin. Bourque and a 1st. That's the trade I want. Make it happen...haha

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

For whatever reason I thought Marchment was having a cap dump-like season. Anyway, yeah, could be Faksa or Dadonov++.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad