Rumor: Blake Coleman possibly traded - Conflicting Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
highest ppg ever for an 18 year old defensemen in AHL history (min 20 games), 2nd highest ppg ever for a 19 year old in AHL history (min 20 games), best defensemen at the world juniors, is not a top 15 prospect?
Every prospect the Leafs have had is a top 15 prospect! Relax. He is a really good prospect but I don’t think he is top 15. No reason to be upset that someone doesn’t find one of your prospects in the top 15.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Yikes buddy pass the bong around and don't smoke it all yourself.
So who would you take from toronto. bracco? A lateral move in Kapanen? I’m not saying that Coleman is worth Sandin. I am saying that there is no reason for NJ to make a trade with a cost controlled player on pace for 30 goalsunless it makes sense for the Devils as well. Why would NJ trade a guy to make Toronto better? Probably not good trading partners.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
So who would you take from toronto. bracco? A lateral move in Kapanen? I’m not saying that Coleman is worth Sandin. I am saying that there is no reason for NJ to make a trade with a cost controlled player on pace for 30 goalsunless it makes sense for the Devils as well. Why would NJ trade a guy to make Toronto better? Probably not good trading partners.
Trading Sandin for Coleman is like trading J.Hughes for Kappanen

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Did Coleman get traded or no ?

Best guess is that it's close, but not completed yet. He was scratched for 'precautionary reasons', which would certainly suggest he's gone. But seems like there are still negotiations between multiple teams, maybe a little bidding war type situation. My guess is that Lavoie's source with the Avs thought the deal was done and it simply wasn't.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Trading Sandin for Coleman is like trading J.Hughes for Kappanen
Lol. Not quite there pal. And if people could read they would also see that I said that Coleman is not bringing in Sandin but there is nobody else in Toronto I would want for Coleman. I’m not going to trade Coleman just to improve the leafs to help them out. If you want Coleman, Jeremy Bracoo isn’t going to do it. In a salary cap world Coleman has a lot more value at 1.8 million than people think.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
highest ppg ever for an 18 year old defensemen in AHL history (min 20 games), 2nd highest ppg ever for a 19 year old in AHL history (min 20 games), best defensemen at the world juniors, is not a top 15 prospect?

The guy played 65 total ahl games and that "record" is just about worthless considering most of the kids that are good enough to play in the AHL in their teens aren't allowed to play in the AHL because of the CHL rules. The majority of the others who could play in the AHL don't and instead stay overseas and play home before coming in the nhl.

So, he has the highest PPG out of the 0.01% of teenagers defencemen in the AHL. Big freaking deal buddy.

Reactions: wintersej

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
This shouldn't even be a thing, I seriously doubt the Leafs are in on Coleman unless they can attach them selves to the deal to get a D man.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This shouldn't even be a thing, I seriously doubt the Leafs are in on Coleman unless they can attach them selves to the deal to get a D man.
I agree. I don’t get why leaf fans are even wanting forwards in their proposals. If they were after any devil it would’ve been Vatanen or Greene.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad