Blake Coleman Appreciation Thread

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
so maybe ive been drinking to much pickle juice but does anyone else see Coleman winning the Con Smythe if Tampa makes it to the finals?
I’d love it but NHL isn’t MLB where some random guy can win it for a couple big hits. Most Smythe winners are Hall of Fame types, Lemieux is sort of fringy compared to the typical winners.

Also, every single person responsible for Giguere winning needs to burn in hell for all eternity. I loudly booed that horse shit then and boo it in my heart every day since... I’m sorry, got a bit off topic.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This probably doesn't deserve its own thread but I also didn't want this one to get lost in the shuffle either. It means a lot as a fan to see so much goodwill when a player is traded. You guys have lined up one after the next after the next singing praises and quite honestly, have gone out of your way to do so. To see new faces in the Lightning forum is a special treat and it's a touch of class that is seldom felt on my end.

I truly, genuinely appreciate you guys not just as competitors but as fellow hockey fans. Feel free to come by any time win or lose.

No but seriously.... "Show me what you got"

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This probably doesn't deserve its own thread but I also didn't want this one to get lost in the shuffle either. It means a lot as a fan to see so much goodwill when a player is traded. You guys have lined up one after the next after the next singing praises and quite honestly, have gone out of your way to do so. To see new faces in the Lightning forum is a special treat and it's a touch of class that is seldom felt on my end.

I truly, genuinely appreciate you guys not just as competitors but as fellow hockey fans. Feel free to come by any time win or lose.

Thanks for the kind words.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

What’s cool about this for me is TB has been my clear favorite for the Cup for a while but now I actually want to you win. I really want the Coleman trade to be seen as the super savvy TDL deal that pushed this group over the hump.

I think the somewhat bonkers but not undeserved return for NHL’s best kept secret star plus the fact that we don’t have your 1st makes it easy for Devils to root for Blake’s new team, at least it does for me.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
been a fan of him since his UMiami-Ohio days (though i wasn't the only 'round these parts... *cough* jim *cough*)

he defied so many odds, and i think he'll continue to. will miss him and will continue to proudly wear my OG #40 jersey

Last edited:

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Sad to see him go and was definitely kind of shocked at first but the trade does make sense and the return was good. He wasn't with the Devils for a long time but was obviously a fan favorite for good reasons. A real hard worker and a team player who also scored goals. That's the type of player every team wants to have.

All the best to him in the future.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
It's hard to fathom how fast this guy became such an important member of this team, but he truly did and I feel as though he deserves his own thread as well.

Coleman embodied everything you want in a player as a fan. Pure hustle, tenacity, earned every inch and became an incredible player because of all of those qualities. Absolutely wish he could have been one of those guys who played the majority, if not all, of his career here in NJ.

On a personal side, he also became one of my idols for his entrepreneurial stuff with his own brand as well. Having just finished my MBA, I hold a lot of admiration for the guy to balance two things I love in hockey and business for my favorite team.

I'll support Blake wherever the rest of his career takes him. He deserves all the success in the world and I sure wouldn't mind seeing him raise the Cup with Tampa this year.

Best of luck Pickles, thanks for it all.

Accountability-a leader-non stop MOTOR that's Blake Coleman....Best of luck in Tampa.....One more thing if you want to know how good he is just look at the interviews of the Bolts players and what they said about Coleman after he was acquired via trade...

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad