Blake Coleman Appreciation Thread

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's hard to fathom how fast this guy became such an important member of this team, but he truly did and I feel as though he deserves his own thread as well.

Coleman embodied everything you want in a player as a fan. Pure hustle, tenacity, earned every inch and became an incredible player because of all of those qualities. Absolutely wish he could have been one of those guys who played the majority, if not all, of his career here in NJ.

On a personal side, he also became one of my idols for his entrepreneurial stuff with his own brand as well. Having just finished my MBA, I hold a lot of admiration for the guy to balance two things I love in hockey and business for my favorite team.

I'll support Blake wherever the rest of his career takes him. He deserves all the success in the world and I sure wouldn't mind seeing him raise the Cup with Tampa this year.

Best of luck Pickles, thanks for it all.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
On a personal side, he also became one of my idols for his entrepreneurial stuff with his own brand as well. Having just finished my MBA, I hold a lot of admiration for the guy to balance two things I love in hockey and business for my favorite team.

Just an fyi but on one of the Devils pregame shows they did a segment about his whole pickle business and that basically his 2 sisters run the whole thing and he's just the face of it and that he could have never done it without them.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Just an fyi but on one of the Devils pregame shows they did a segment about his whole pickle business and that basically his 2 sisters run the whole thing and he's just the face of it and that he could have never done it without them.

Oh, I've read it up, I recognize that. :laugh: But regardless, it wouldn't be anything without his presence or his value that he adds to it.

It's still a very cool thing.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
obligatory

EllipticalHairyFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Remember a couple years ago when Blake wasn't cut out of camp and our entire board was up in arms why we were keeping this 4th line scrub instead like we did Blake Speers the year before?

Glad we were wrong.

Thanks Blake!

Reactions: devilsblood

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Who knew the whole season would go downhill after that awesome goal against the Jets?

Best of luck to him in Tampa! I'm sure their fans will love him as much as us.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
One of the few bright spots this year and a joy to watch. It's clear his value was higher to a contending team than it was to NJ so Fitz made the right call to move him but it's sad to lose a great player. I hope he kills it in Tampa and gets a big contract from someone in 1.5 years.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Great dude. Really embodies everything you want in a player. It’s hard to believe he was drafted 9 years ago. Really admirable perseverance.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Our one-handed goals/60 took a massive hit. Best of luck in Tampa! Now I root for Vancouver to barely make the playoffs and coyotes to drop to a bottom 10 team.

Reactions: Patrik26

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Damn you Coleman for making me root for Tampa this spring, which I absolutely 100% will do despite my blinding hate for Kucherov. I assume he'll be in the lineup at 4:00 and I'll be watching.

Edit: Whoops, meant 9:00, I was thinking of Greene. Also Tampa fans saying Coleman won't play tonight.

obligatory

EllipticalHairyFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Not-a-Devil chirps not-a-Penguin.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'll miss Coleman a ton, guy was electric out there and so much fun to watch. Also seemed like a genuinely great guy. All the best in Tampa, hope he can bring home a cup!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I kinda want to get a Coleman jersey now...he was so good the last 2 seasons. I look forward to seeing what he can do in the postseason.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Remember a couple years ago when Blake wasn't cut out of camp and our entire board was up in arms why we were keeping this 4th line scrub instead like we did Blake Speers the year before?

Glad we were wrong.

Thanks Blake!

I just remember thinking “who the f*** is Blake Coleman?”. Now I know, “THAT’S Blake Coleman!”.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
so maybe ive been drinking to much pickle juice but does anyone else see Coleman winning the Con Smythe if Tampa makes it to the finals?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Greene and Coleman not on the team...Sad times, man.

Hope this all works out.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Who knew the whole season would go downhill after that awesome goal against the Jets?

Best of luck to him in Tampa! I'm sure their fans will love him as much as us.

I hate Hynes so much. I was so freaking furious watching the bald headed idiot tank our season after two periods in which we had built a 4-1 lead. Screw that guy. I dare say we would be a bubble team, Hall and Coleman would still be here and Jack would have had a much better season with almost any other coach.

I think this will still be for the best, but man do I hate Hynes.

Anyway, it's impossible not to miss Coleman, which I do already.

Reactions: mtnet and Oneiro

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
so maybe ive been drinking to much pickle juice but does anyone else see Coleman winning the Con Smythe if Tampa makes it to the finals?

I love Coleman, but if he is there best playoff player, they likely aren't winning the Cup.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Coleman is going to be their mad dog and help win them a cup. I make this trade every time if I am them.

There goal is to win a cup this year and next year. It makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->