Blaine Tendler 1990 born 08 eligible.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?encode=TRUE&pid=94214

very very solid and poised for a 16 year old who is a rookie in the whl. plays about 18 min a night. is used on 5 on 3 pk's and is also earing 2nd unit pp time. not a lot of points but makes a very solid first pass. has been a very pleaseant suprise for the raiders this year. is having the same type of impact for the raiders that Marc Edouard Vlasic is having for the sharks this year. should continue to fly under the radar. not many 16 year old rookies play a top 4 role like he is. and all this is all the more suprising due to the fact that he missed most of last season due to injuries.
does anyone else have an opinion on this kid ? or have seen him play?

blamebettman*

Incredible, we're not far from 90's babies playing in the league.:amazed:

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?encode=TRUE&pid=94214

very very solid and poised for a 16 year old who is a rookie in the whl. plays about 18 min a night. is used on 5 on 3 pk's and is also earing 2nd unit pp time. not a lot of points but makes a very solid first pass. has been a very pleaseant suprise for the raiders this year. is having the same type of impact for the raiders that Marc Edouard Vlasic is having for the sharks this year. should continue to fly under the radar. not many 16 year old rookies play a top 4 role like he is. and all this is all the more suprising due to the fact that he missed most of last season due to injuries.
does anyone else have an opinion on this kid ? or have seen him play?
well, he may have been injured last year, but thats not the reason why he only played 8 games last season, To my understanding 15 y/o's are only aloud to play a certain amount of games, like 8 or 10 somewhere around there, I am not sure if thats the exact rule, it maybe something else, someone more knowledgeable on the WHL can help me out on this. Well the point is that I don't think he missed most of last season due to injuries.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
well, he may have been injured last year, but thats not the reason why he only played 8 games last season, To my understanding 15 y/o's are only aloud to play a certain amount of games, like 8 or 10 somewhere around there, I am not sure if thats the exact rule, it maybe something else, someone more knowledgeable on the WHL can help me out on this. Well the point is that I don't think he missed most of last season due to injuries.

your right he was called up for the rest of the season after his midget team's season was over. it was with his midget team in the 05/06 season (last year) where he missed a bulk of time (key development time).
sorry i should have clarified.
and in the whl you can play up to 5 games as a 15 year old until your teams season is finished then you can play the remainder of the season and playoffs with the whl team.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Teigan Zahn

This guy will be a sure fire 1st rounder in 08 as well. He is about 6'2 205 lbs and is used in Saskatoon on the PK and in all situations. He only has 2 pts this year thus far but he is really starting to show more confidence and points really won't be his forteit anyways. This guy is a mean SOB back there and isn't affraid to drop the gloves with anyone whether they be 16,17,18,19 or 20. He was the Saskatoon Blades first round Bantam choice in 2005 and is getting better and better everyday. It won't be long before scouts take notice of this kid.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The scary thing is that neither Tendler or Zahn - despite being very good prospects - are probaby even in the top 5 defenders in the WHL for the 2008 draft. The depth is just nuts.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Tendler has been the Raiders most consistant defenceman this year. On some nights he has outplayed AJ Thelen, Jeff May and Mike Gauthier and has been a rock back on the raiders blueline. If he becomes more physical I think he has a definite shot to be in the top 5 that MS talks about. BTW who do you think the top 5 are? Teubert, Schmidt, Mestery, Myers and Bobbee? Stone, Reddington, Ariss are all doing pretty good too. 08 is a good year for WHL defence.

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Zahn/Tendler/Teubert

They are hands down the top 3 defenseman in the WHL for the 2008 draft. You can ask any scout and they'll tell you the same thing. They all can skate, hit, put up points down the road and control the game and play mean. Guys to watch are Tyler Schmidt and Eric Mestery as well out west. Both of these guys are also in the Top 5 for defense in the age group out west. It can be argued to the order they are ranked but those are the top 5. Mike Reddington from Spokane and Travis Bobbee from Lethbridge are good defenseman but not first round meterial.

I've heard scouts compare Zahn/Teubert/Tendler/Schmidt to Belle/Seabrook/Phaneuf/Green when they were the same age even though Green was draft one year later due to a late bday.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Scheen from Kelowna, who is a late birthday would probably be the top WHL dman for the 08 draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->