Blade Pattern

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is it possible that Sherwood "Ryan" curve is identical to the TPS "Tkachuk" curve? The specs are the same according to the blade pattern chart I found online & you can see it in the attachment.

Also if that's the case then Sherwood has simply renamed the Bouchard pattern to Ryan & assigned the Bouchard pattern to be identical to the Easton Zetterberg.

I'm basically trying to find a "Tkachuk" pattern since TPS sticks are difficult to find these days & especially Tkachuk patterns!

Thanks in advance.
GLG

Last edited:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Pretty sure the Bauer P92 (Nasund or Backstrom) are the Easton Sakic, and Warrior Draper. I have a Zetterberg and P92, and they are pretty different.

Tkachuk blade pattern
Moderate Heel Curve-Slightly open-5Lie-Round tip-Long
Looks like the CCM Doan would be a good match to Tkachuk. Only difference may be length of blade.

Other Similar matches
Mission- Carter (5.5Lie tho)
CCM- Doan (medium Blade length)
Jofa Lecavalier (Seems exact) Lecavalier also has a blade by cmm but has a different lie
Sherwood- Crosby (square tip)

Cant find blade stats on Ryan exact, but it is a 5.5 Heel curve though.

Last edited:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
There's a good pattern database here, doesn't have the Sherwood Ryan listed though:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com

My roommate has a Sherwood 5030 in a Ryan curve, I can confirm that it is indeed a fairly small mid/heel curve (closer to heel) with a bit of loft (though not a lot). It's quite similar to the Easton Zetterberg, but AFAIK the Bauer equivalent to the Zetterberg/Ryan is the PM9, not the P92. As JRZ DVLS said the P92 is basically the Sakic, it's an open mid curve. Not totally sure about the Tkachuk, but from that picture/description it sure looks very similar to the Zetterberg/Ryan/PM9. In general you won't find the exact same curve from manufacturer to manufacturer, but you can find curves that are damn close.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Here's a photo of my TPS "TKACHUK" pattern... the difference between this curve & the "ZETTERBERG" happens to be that the Tkachuk is fairly straight from the mid part of the blade to the tip where as the Zetterberg is more rounded.

Last edited:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
There's a good pattern database here, doesn't have the Sherwood Ryan listed though:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com

My roommate has a Sherwood 5030 in a Ryan curve, I can confirm that it is indeed a fairly small mid/heel curve (closer to heel) with a bit of loft (though not a lot). It's quite similar to the Easton Zetterberg, but AFAIK the Bauer equivalent to the Zetterberg/Ryan is the PM9, not the P92. As JRZ DVLS said the P92 is basically the Sakic, it's an open mid curve. Not totally sure about the Tkachuk, but from that picture/description it sure looks very similar to the Zetterberg/Ryan/PM9. In general you won't find the exact same curve from manufacturer to manufacturer, but you can find curves that are damn close.
Purehockey.com used to have a good interactive comparison chart, but its not there anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad