Post-Game Talk: Blackwood shines in another Devils defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Really disappointed, obviously I have low expectations for the season... but to not get Blackwood a win with the game he had is embarrassing.

Penalty shot goal and another he had no chance on. He was perfect tonight, probably best goaltending performance by one of ours I’ve seen in a while

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Really disappointed, obviously I have low expectations for the season... but to not get Blackwood a win with the game he had is embarrassing.

Penalty shot goal and another he had no chance on. He was perfect tonight, probably best goaltending performance by one of ours I’ve seen in a while

This goalie performance took me back, I feel like we haven't had a dominant performance like that since beginning of season. And we still f***ing lost. Go figure.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not ready to knight Blackwood yet, not even close, but this was the first time we've gotten even a respectable start from a non-Kinkaid goalie this year, and it was a very good one.

We were outplayed badly tonight. Perhaps all the PP's they had skewed the shots, but we looked lost.

I saw that tweet embedded from Cordell in the other thread, where it basically said we were dead at even strength too. That definitely seems to be congruent with what I watched tonight.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I'm not ready to knight Blackwood yet, not even close, but this was the first time we've gotten even a respectable start from a non-Kinkaid goalie this year, and it was a very good one.

We were outplayed badly tonight. Perhaps all the PP's they had skewed the shots, but we looked lost.

I saw that tweet embedded from Cordell in the other thread, where it basically said we were dead at even strength too. That definitely seems to be congruent with what I watched tonight.

Yeah that was about right. End of 2nd and into the 3rd they had some life, so basically like a 1 period game. PP failed us miserably as usual.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
PP failed us miserably as usual.
#Kowalskysucks

Been saying it since 2012 when I had to settle for watching Albany during the NHL lockout.

I also always said NO whenever it was suggested that he'd take over as interim, be it for DeBoer or Hynes.

I'd rather have the N. Bench back.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
#Kowalskysucks

Been saying it since 2012 when I had to settle for watching Albany during the NHL lockout.

I also always said NO whenever it was suggested that he'd take over as interim, be it for DeBoer or Hynes.

I'd rather have the N. Bench back.

But that 6 on 5.......... :sarcasm:

Would you take Ward back?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But that 6 on 5.......... :sarcasm:

Would you take Ward back?
Over Kowalsky? YES! I would take Adam Oates over Kowalsky at this point and Oates SUCKS!

Kowalsky is just an ebola outbreak of a coach at this level.

By the way, did we ever find out why Ward wasn't brought back? We never heard he was fired. We heard Clowe left to go take a head coaching position where he was from in Newfoundland. And last year was the last year on Clowe's playing contract here as well. We never got word of why Ward wasn't brought back.

Perhaps his contract was up and Ray decided to let him talk to other teams and the Flames offer was better? It just doesn't seem like Ray would dismiss a coach after a season where he presided over a too 10 power play and we made the playoffs. That's the kind of move he would make after a season like this or 16-17.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Over Kowalsky? YES! I would take Adam Oates over Kowalsky at this point and Oates SUCKS!

Kowalsky is just an ebola outbreak of a coach at this level.

By the way, did we ever find out why Ward wasn't brought back? We never heard he was fired. We heard Clowe left to go take a head coaching position where he was from in Newfoundland. And last year was the last year on Clowe's playing contract here as well. We never got word of why Ward wasn't brought back.

Perhaps his contract was up and Ray decided to let him talk to other teams and the Flames offer was better? It just doesn't seem like Ray would dismiss a coach after a season where he presided over a too 10 power play and we made the playoffs. That's the kind of move he would make after a season like this or 16-17.

Haha, yes Oates too.

Probably just mutual agreement. Shero probably felt Hynes was the guy making it happen here. Now, it maybe doesn't look that way fully.

I didn't watch enough of AHL team to have take on Kowalski TBH, but this PP is horrible.

For me, now in retro, I feel we should have never let J.Moore go. Haha. And to boot, I didn't even realize he was listed at 6'2" even when he was on this team for a few years, he never seemed like a big dude when playing, but it looks like he was something useful for us (more than we realized).

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha, yes Oates too.

Probably just mutual agreement. Shero probably felt Hynes was the guy making it happen here. Now, it maybe doesn't look that way fully.

I didn't watch enough of AHL team to have take on Kowalski TBH, but this PP is horrible.

For me, now in retro, I feel we should have never let J.Moore go. Haha. And to boot, I didn't even realize he was listed at 6'2" even when he was on this team for a few years, he never seemed like a big dude when playing, but it looks like he was something useful for us (more than we realized).
You had me until Moore! I think Moore is probably not even better than hardly anyone on the current D.

I'm not even sure if he's better than Santini or Lovejoy at this point.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
You had me until Moore! I think Moore is probably not even better than hardly anyone on the current D.

I'm not even sure if he's better than Santini or Lovejoy at this point.

Heh, you know you miss that smooth skating.... Hynes definitely does. He can't be that bad...

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
No matter what sort of goaltending we get, nor whether the forwards can figure out where the opposition net is again, we'll continue to live and die according to the fortunes of our hapless blueline.

Which is kind of why the season remainder is basically one long, predictable drinking game.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Blackwood is far from being an nhl regular or backup but this performance tonight was awesome to see. He can be a big piece for us in the future. Alot of goalies dont really come around till mid 20's if they have nhl chops and Blackwood just turned 22 this month so he still has plenty of time to develop. Last season in the ahl wasnt to good for him but he jas rebounded nicely this year down there. And to think some of our fans on herr were writing him off already lol.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Figures we finally get some solid goaltending and then we can't score more than a damn goal. Mojo getting hurt sucks too since he's been good lately.

Blackwood earned another start at least and thankfully didn't sh!t his pants when he saw the puck like Cory does and Keith has been doing lately. Well spoken kid too, he deserved a win.

Reactions: MichaelJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->