GDT: Blackhawks vs Coyotes - 6:00CT, NBCSCH - How About 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
The entire D corps was horrible tonite.

Saad can’t finish anything.

Strome was completely MIA the entire game.

I’ve seen enough of Nylander. He’s nothing

JC basically did not have Dach on the ice in the 3rd.

This team can’t play 60 minutes.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
No shoot outs in playoff hockey. He’s the best goalie on this team.

The Blackhawks aren’t going to the playoffs.

Winning the extra point in shootouts could very well mean the difference in a playoff berth or not.

He was great tonite and almost every night. That said, I don’t give him the mulligan for these terrible shootout performances. These are precious points especially against West teams. There’s no one excuse for being so terrible in SO

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
At the end of the day, this outcome wasn’t unexpected.

Lehner was fantastic and the shootout isn’t real hockey.

The team still refuses to shoot the puck

2/3rds of the defense belong in the AHL, so it’s a minor miracle the game got to overtime in the first place.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The Blackhawks aren’t going to the playoffs.

Winning the extra point in shootouts could very well mean the difference in a playoff berth or not.

He was great tonite and almost every night. That said, I don’t give him the mulligan for these terrible shootout performances. These are precious points especially against West teams. There’s no one excuse for being so terrible in SO
You don’t give anybody any leeway on anything. Lehner isn’t a problem.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
It has to happen as the Hawks are in too many shootouts and putting Lehner in will cost the Hawks all the games he is in the shootout. Colliton should be fired for his stupidity and for not getting and grit and passion out of his players. The Hawks need a hard nosed coach who will not take any crap off of any of the players. They play like a bunch of cowards except for a couple of them and this is probably how they are being taught to play to avoid injuries.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Thought this was an easy L and they picked up the point. Thought they could have had the W, but let's hope they get em on thursday. The schedule has been mostly brutal for a long stretch.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Too much time to think is all I can guess.

Actually there's more to it, IMO. Lehner is not a reflex goalie. His strength is playing the angles and when the player is allowed time he can change those angles in an instant. Crawford is the same type of netminder and to an extent has the same issues but has adapted better than Lehner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad