Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Trade Raddysh to NYR for Holland

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Hogs are making a playoff push and they don’t score a lot of goals. Holland has been a really great AHL scorer this year.

I’m all for getting Jokiharju some pro hockey playoff experience. Wouldn’t hurt to see guys like Delia/Forsling get more too.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Rangers fan coming in peace: Can you please provide some info on Raddysh? What is his floor and ceiling? What's he good at? Bad at?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Rangers fan coming in peace: Can you please provide some info on Raddysh? What is his floor and ceiling? What's he good at? Bad at?
The issue with Raddysh is his skating. Not sure if he can keep up with the pace of the NHL. His ceiling is bottom pairing and I hope he makes it. Floor is...well I guess an AHLer for life.

Reactions: Beacon

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Floor just a good ahl dman. Can play all the st's at that level.
Ceiling as bottom pair defender. Right handed so there's always a want for that.
Has a good shot. I've been able to watch a handful of his games at Rockford, not bad positionally.
Not the greatest skater is his biggest weakness.

Reactions: Beacon

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I see a bigger Clendening with D. Raddysh. Good shot, good vision but slooooow. If he can adapt his game as more of a stay home guy and pair him with an elite PMD I definitely see bottom pairing guy in the NHL.

If Delia does go down if/when Crawford comes back, Hogs will have a dangerous team come playoff time.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Not a great skater, but some decent offensive potential. If he were to be paired with a more mobile guy to help on the breakout/transition then he could be a solid bottom pairing RHD moving forward. With the litany of defensive prospects the Hawks have coming up, Raddysh is more or less expendable, especially for a guy like Holland. Not a bad trade at all though.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So Peter Holland is still around.
Hmmmm.
when i saw this news i thought the same thing. ummmm .... this can be 2 things take came to my mind.
1. a trade is brewing with a starting center involve on the team
or
2. depth move for RFD.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
when i saw this news i thought the same thing. ummmm .... this can be 2 things take came to my mind.
1. a trade is brewing with a starting center involve on the team
or
2. depth move for RFD.
Wasn’t Holland a decent PK’r for the Leafs while there?
Possible call up to help in that dept but more likely for better Icehog scoring.

Reactions: LDF

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
He is going to help them tremendously for the playoff push. Similar to DiDominico, Clendening and Spencer Abbott in years prior for Rockford. @CourtneyDagger50 should be stoked.
Exactly what I said when it happened. Rockford has been seemingly a lot better since Jokiharju got sent there and is looking like they’re gonna make a playoff push. Would imagine Delia and maybe some others get sent down too. Hogs had problems scoring goals so adding a top 10 AHL scorer who has a decent amount of NHL expirence could be a pretty smart veteran add.

I think Raddysh ceiling as an NHL player is probably TVR and I’m honestly not sure he hits that. I would gladly give that up at a position where we are pretty stacked with prospects (RHD) to get Jokiharju and others some professional hockey playoff expirence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad