Prospect Info: Blackhawks top prospects #2

#2 prospect

• F Colton Dach, Sasktatoon Blades (WHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F MacKenzie Entwistle, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)

• D Alec Regula, Rockford IceHogs (AHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Mitchell was over-hyped, but still may be a #3 in a year or two.....just like Boqvist, should have given him more time at Rockford to assimilate to the pro game.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
I’m so glad we traded away our first then never picked Raty. Thought we could have had Wallstedt/Cossa and Raty. That would have been amazing. Could have just signed Hamilton rather than give up all we did for Jones.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I’m so glad we traded away our first then never picked Raty. Thought we could have had Wallstedt/Cossa and Raty. That would have been amazing. Could have just signed Hamilton rather than give up all we did for Jones.
Bowman thought Jones was better than Hamilton by enough to give up the farm to acquire him.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes. It would be so awesome to have unproven kids who have higher odds of never being regular NHL players, than sticking. Instead of proven NHL players that make this team better. Lol.

And yeah, draft picks are so much better than having prospects who have already proven they can play in the NHL.

Never change, draft pick lovers. Never change.

Do your f***ing homework and look at what percentage of draft picks at each pick number, actually turn out to be NHL players. Outside of the top 15-20, it's abysmal.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Just an opinion but the #1 could be a top line wing or center. … he played C last year. We have two kids who could end up #1 G’s. Kaiser is the only D who seems to be a top pair guy.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Beaudin or commesso. I went with drew.

I think I somehow had to hit it twice.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Bowman thought Jones was better than Hamilton by enough to give up the farm to acquire him.

Bowman didn't over pay in picks or prospects. Boqvist was passed up by Kalynuk & Beaudin. Mitchell had a poor development year, but Mitchell's game is 10% less than Boqvist's? Sure, we could have kept Boqvist around longer. And he could have outplayed the other D prospects.

Boqvist is gone and chances are Stan got rid of the right guy.

Reactions: scorehawks

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Bowman didn't over pay in picks or prospects. Boqvist was passed up by Kalynuk & Beaudin. Mitchell had a poor development year, but Mitchell's game is 10% less than Boqvist's? Sure, we could have kept Boqvist around longer. And he could have outplayed the other D prospects.

Boqvist is gone and chances are Stan got rid of the right guy.
I completely disagree. Boqvist was the one young player on the blueline I felt confident in. The others were all question marks.

I have no idea what a lot of you see in Beaudin because I thought he was pretty awful.

Reactions: Pertti

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I completely disagree. Boqvist was the one young player on the blueline I felt confident in. The others were all question marks.

I have no idea what a lot of you see in Beaudin because I thought he was pretty awful.

Yeah, but with your track record of player evaluation, that probably means Boqvist will be a bust...

Beaudin showed more speed, more explosiveness, and more assertiveness with the puck. He was really good for the first month or so.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah, but with your track record of player evaluation, that probably means Boqvist will be a bust...

Beaudin showed more speed, more explosiveness, and more assertiveness with the puck. He was really good for the first month or so.
He also could never get out of his own end. It seemed every time he was on the ice the opposition had a 45 second+ sequence in the Hawks zone.

I see all of the same stuff you guys do in the O zone but that doesn't matter if the Hawks are hemmed in every time he's on the ice. Those things are just so rare because he's such a poor defender.

I just think he's not ready for the NHL yet.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He also could never get out of his own end. It seemed every time he was on the ice the opposition had a 45 second+ sequence in the Hawks zone.

I see all of the same stuff you guys do in the O zone but that doesn't matter if the Hawks are hemmed in every time he's on the ice. Those things are just so rare because he's such a poor defender.
No clue what games you're talking about. Beaudin had better defensive results than several of the other young players. He was a smart defender cutting out plays. Not sure if you're taking parts and only recalling a couple moments or game the team was dominated against

Beaudin is not some I he was only good because he's flashy player. He's been talked about and showed up as the opposite of that. He plays simple and smart. But he wasn't as overwhelmed in the dzone like Boqvist or Mitchell looked, especially when you talk about getting the puck out. Mitchell 8/10 times just rushed off a stretch pass because he seemed to have no poise or confidence to not get the puck out of the dzone any other way.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
No clue what games you're talking about. Beaudin had better defensive results than several of the other young players. He was a smart defender cutting out plays. Not sure if you're taking parts and only recalling a couple moments or game the team was dominated against
Beaudin had the worst possession metrics out of every Hawks skater with significant playing time.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I just think he's not ready for the NHL yet.

It's likely that none of them are fully NHL ready. They are young.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
You know for sure that Dougie would've signed? Imagine the defense if we couldn't land Jones or Hamilton... no good UFA options for a #1 D next year either...

Reactions: FeatherHead

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Let's see how Hamilton does without Slavin and Pesce shielding him. He's a fine offensive D man, but I have serious doubts about the other side.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yeah. That’s my concern.
not to mention that really the best D on Cbus may not have been Jones, could have been Werenski.

agreed on the trade; would have rather signed Hamilton, keep our 3 picks and heck even sign another D someone like Bean/Martinez

Reactions: FeatherHead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->