GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 7 PM EST Thursday 1-18 TV:MSG, MSG+, ESPN+ RADIO:WGR550 - Let's try this again!!!!

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I don't think you need to look too hard for reasons to complain on a 13 year playoff drought. You like to live in the moment and enjoy single wins, great, that's you. Others, like myself, like to look at the season more holistically and a couple wins against bottom feeders doesn't materially change the situation they are in and it doesn't mean they have turned a corner. I think you will find a better tone if the Sabres can extend to a three game win streak (their first of the season) or, dare I say, more.

There is no need for hyperbolic arguments. Stating the Sabres did something poorly in a win is not complaining, it's discussing the teams play. I am sorry that not all of us are all sunshine and rainbows and ready to talk about how flawless the team is after every win.

It's funny you're accusing me of hyperbole when you're implying I'm expecting people to say the team is flawless. No win is perfect and no game is perfect but when a team wins 3-0 they did more good than bad. A few people are acting like they got blown out last night which isn't even a realistic reaction to the game I watched or the results. I do see the bad with the good but when you mostly only see the bad then it's pretty sad.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't think you need to look too hard for reasons to complain on a 13 year playoff drought. You like to live in the moment and enjoy single wins, great, that's you. Others, like myself, like to look at the season more holistically and a couple wins against bottom feeders doesn't materially change the situation they are in and it doesn't mean they have turned a corner. I think you will find a better tone if the Sabres can extend to a three game win streak (their first of the season) or, dare I say, more.

There is no need for hyperbolic arguments. Stating the Sabres did something poorly in a win is not complaining, it's discussing the teams play. I am sorry that not all of us are all sunshine and rainbows and ready to talk about how flawless the team is after every win.
Marty Biron must have been awfully draining last night during an intermission talking about the free open chance the team gave up to Seth Jones, and others.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It's funny you're accusing me of hyperbole when you're implying I'm expecting people to say the team is flawless. No win is perfect and no game is perfect but when a team wins 3-0 they did more good than bad. A few people are acting like they got blown out last night which isn't even a realistic reaction to the game I watched or the results. I do see the bad with the good but when you mostly only see the bad then it's pretty sad.
Yes, I used a hyperbolic argument specifically to show how stupid it is after you said everyone is complaining and that apparently i like to be angry all the time because I dared say something bad after a win. That was the point of making a hyperbolic statement right after talking about hyperbolic statements. You'll notice in my original response there is nothing hyperbolic. The GDT and the GBU have more good than bad so I don't know where the people talking like we got blown out are.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
You can enjoy two 3-0 wins in a row without immediately complaining about it. It's weird. I like to live in the moment and if the Sabres win enjoy it when it happens. If the result of the game doesn't change your bad attitude then why even bother? I mean sure you have a right to be angry all the time but is that really productive or healthy?

We're on a seven period shutout string. We've given up one goal in 9 periods. And this is a team that was horrible defensively and in net last year.

I'm not saying we're fixed or playoffs here we come but sheesh - people look for reasons to complain.

I agree that wins should be celebrated so I'll give you that, it was a damper on a good night so apologies for that. That being said, what is draining is a 13 year playoff drought watching a team that looks like they have no desire to win. This team won last night because they are simply more talented than the other team. The Blackhawks current iteration is essentially void of talent. There was no urgency, nobody was playing hard, just coasting around and happy to get shots on net from the perimeter. If we play with that level of intensity against an actual NHL caliber team let alone one of the top teams in the league, we are getting blown out. We played arguably the worst team in the league, a 3-0 win is great but seeing the way we won is what makes the win feel so meaningless. I did acknowledge the win!

Reactions: sabremike

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It should also be noted a good portion of the frustration or negativity comes from the fact that we all know how good they can be. When they have been on this year they have matched up with and beaten the best the league has to offer. They can be a really good team. So when the effort just doesn't seem to be there or there are a bunch of stupid mistakes it is easy to focus on the negatives.

I'd they were just an untalented bad team I don't think it would hit some of us quite so hard.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I agree that wins should be celebrated so I'll give you that, it was a damper on a good night so apologies for that. That being said, what is draining is a 13 year playoff drought watching a team that looks like they have no desire to win. This team won last night because they are simply more talented than the other team. The Blackhawks current iteration is essentially void of talent. There was no urgency, nobody was playing hard, just coasting around and happy to get shots on net from the perimeter. If we play with that level of intensity against an actual NHL caliber team let alone one of the top teams in the league, we are getting blown out. We played arguably the worst team in the league, a 3-0 win is great but seeing the way we won is what makes the win feel so meaningless. I did acknowledge the win!
This.

What was so depressing is that we played two teams at home that were essentially AHL caliber and were so clearly unimpressive in doing so. If we had been playing any other team in the league we wouldn't have won either of them. If our goalie didn't bail us out on multiple breakaways playing what might be the worst lineup iced by a team in a regular season game in the past 30 years there's a real chance we would've lost. We got 3 goals and two of them were total flukes. There was no indication from either of these games that this team is capable of going on a run and in fact it indicated the exact opposite.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
This.

What was so depressing is that we played two teams at home that were essentially AHL caliber and were so clearly unimpressive in doing so. If we had been playing any other team in the league we wouldn't have won either of them. If our goalie didn't bail us out on multiple breakaways playing what might be the worst lineup iced by a team in a regular season game in the past 30 years there's a real chance we would've lost. We got 3 goals and two of them were total flukes. There was no indication from either of these games that this team is capable of going on a run and in fact it indicated the exact opposite.
You're trying way too hard here. In other words, you are very much seeing what you want to see.

Last night's game was no where near as bad as this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad