Blackhawks fire Quenneville

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Q is one of only a handful of coaches that I think is good enough to justify firing Blashill for mid-season.

But the bigger question is whether he's the right fit for the roster Detroit is building.

Maybe Joel wouldn't want to come here, or maybe now he decides he wants to take the rest of the year off altogether, and start fresh this summer. But I would ABSOLUTELY have a conversation with the man, and see if everybody would be on the same page.

Interesting to see Chicago getting desperate, though. Hopefully the Wings can leverage that into a favorable trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeyDee

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
If he likes the idea of working with Stevie, and he thinks it's a real possibility, he might come.

Course no one can tell him anything about that because that's tampering, but hey. Everyone else is assuming it's gonna happen. Why not Q?

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Surprised there isn’t any “It’s Happening!!” gifs here, yet

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Chicago's start hasn't been THAT horrible so I'm a little surprised at the timing. Guess he was really close to getting sacked last season.

Would definitely hire.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Hawks fans have roasted him badly for his usage of youth. This would be a major knee-jerk reaction to bring him in.

He should go back to St Louis.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
No point to bring him in now. This team can’t make any moves that could lead to more wins.

I think bringing him IN would be a move the team could make that leads to more wins.
The Wings are not making the playoffs this year but with a coach of Q's talent, another homerun draft or two we could see a very accelerated rebuild.

Now with that said, i dont think he'd be interested in going to a rebuilding team.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Hawks fans have roasted him badly for his usage of youth. This would be a major knee-jerk reaction to bring him in.

He should go back to St Louis.

Debrincat and that young defenseman are having great seasons. I would dump Blashill right now and hire Q.

Blueliner70

Mar 16, 2018

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
If there is a gentleman's agreement between Holland and Yzerman for Yzerman to take over the team, it should be Yzerman's decision going forward.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
You need to address the GM situation first. Uncertainty at the top impacts your ability to hire coaches. Deep down, however, we all know that Q could and will land a much better job than Detroit.

Reactions: Frk It

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
No point to bring him in now. This team can’t make any moves that could lead to more wins.

He could spend the year as a consultant/scout/development coach and just really immerse himself into our organization before officially taking the coaching job in the summer. That kind of sounds like the best case scenario to be honest.

It would functionally make Blashill and Shero lame ducks and I'm not really sure what kind of impact that would have on the team but that's a different discussion. Point is, there are ways to bring him in without having him inflate our win totals.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
He could spend the year as a consultant/scout/development coach and just really immerse himself into our organization before officially taking the coaching job in the summer.

That's a good way to piss off your entire current coaching staff. The Red Wings are not an organization to do something like that and I doubt Q would agree to such a role in the first place.

If he wants the Red Wings job he can wait until the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad