Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Draft C/LW Tyler Motte 121st Overall

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Motte is going to be one of the better picks taken out of this draft. kid is all skill and heart just slight on size...Hawks with another steal as Motte is going to a monster program and will develop just fine.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Motte will be this years version of Riley Barber. I have said this numerous times. If you aren't sure who Barber is just look him up. Barber is a kid drafted in the 6th round who got lost in the shuffle at the USNDP last year, but like Motte has 1st round ability. After Barber's freshman campaign, I damn well imagine he wouldn't make it past pick 50 let alone 6th round...

both will be attending the same university next year and I imagine Motte will have a similar freshman campaign like Barber did...I cannot wait.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Motte will be this years version of Riley Barber. I have said this numerous times. If you aren't sure who Barber is just look him up. Barber is a kid drafted in the 6th round who got lost in the shuffle at the USNDP last year, but like Motte has 1st round ability. After Barber's freshman campaign, I damn well imagine he wouldn't make it past pick 50 let alone 6th round...

both will be attending the same university next year and I imagine Motte will have a similar freshman campaign like Barber did...I cannot wait.

Motte is going to Michigan, Barber plays at Miami. Way different programs. Michigan is really, really young and their D and Goaltending are a little shaky. Miami is way more soild of a program right now as much as that pains me to say as I hate everything about that hockey program. Except that they gave BG Chris Bergeron as a head coach.

Michigan will always be a power program though but last year they severely disappointed in the CCHA. They couldn't stop anyone defensively.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
my bad as I cant edit!! hahaha I didnt mean both were attending same school, both will be attending the USA WJC camp in August!! Some reason hands and brain did not work together!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Motte will be fine this year, Nieves did just fine as a freshmen this season with Michigan and Motte should do the same as well..I think he gets a lot of icetime in many different scenarios as Michigan is losing a lot of players overall...he should be counted on right away which will help him long term as he doesn't waste his freshmen year riding the pine.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Ha, It's ok, I instantly went with college teams because that is my background, I spent 4 years as a student worker for BGSU in the CCHA so my default is college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad