GDT: Blackhawks @ Bruins - 6:00CT, NBCSNCH - Momma's In The House

Status
Not open for further replies.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Interested in seeing the 3rd line's corsi for tonight.
Kampf catches flack here but his motor's on High every shift. Kubalik in a slump but still forechecks strong - and finishes checks. Wedin ... looked a little starstruck out there but was hustling & can see why JC likes him.

No doubt on a deep roster Kampf a 4C but you play the hand dealt ...

Onto Newark and let's keep this mojo working. BIG win.

-------
Also no matter how much suckage this last stretch has been, beat NSH & BOS - in their barn - last two go rounds and. I. F'n. LOVE. that.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwana63 and d rake

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I posted this on the Bruins board in our pregame thread - I think I was fair but feel free to correct me

Pre-Game Talk: - Game 29 7:07 PM - Here Come The Hawks - NESN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM
Correct you for what? That Dollar Bill Wirtz was an asshole?!? You're right on the money, but you should've tried to be more colorful when describing how big of a dick that guy was. He was the living embodiment of the turd emoji.

Besides that, there isn't much wrong with the post. Maybe the phrase "salary cap hell" isn't totally accurate, at least compared to what we've gotten stuck with over the last decade. But how bad someone feels our cap space is for next season depends on the individual. Compared to a lot of teams, one could say we're in "cap hell". That's all just relative to the person who said it.

But by and large, spot on post.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Correct you for what? That Dollar Bill Wirtz was an *******?!? You're right on the money, but you should've tried to be more colorful when describing how big of a dick that guy was. He was the living embodiment of the turd emoji.

Besides that, there isn't much wrong with the post. Maybe the phrase "salary cap hell" isn't totally accurate, at least compared to what we've gotten stuck with over the last decade. But how bad someone feels our cap space is for next season depends on the individual. Compared to a lot of teams, one could say we're in "cap hell". That's all just relative to the person who said it.

But by and large, spot on post.

I have been told that when Michael Wirtz died in 1996 there was no one left to challenge Bill and keep him in check.

A. MICHAEL WIRTZ JR., HAWKS EXEC

Pat Foley speaks highly of Michael as he gave him a chance as he was a customer of Pat's father in Glenview.

The blackout of home games defied logic and even Rocky could not understand it but apparently Bill promised his dying father that he would continue the practice. The crazy part of it was I believe Bill knew the policy was wrong which is why from the grave Bill gave control of the team to Rocky instead of Peter.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I have been told that when Michael Wirtz died in 1996 there was no one left to challenge Bill and keep him in check.

A. MICHAEL WIRTZ JR., HAWKS EXEC

Pat Foley speaks highly of Michael as he gave him a chance as he was a customer of Pat's father in Glenview.

The blackout of home games defied logic and even Rocky could not understand it but apparently Bill promised his dying father that he would continue the practice. The crazy part of it was I believe Bill knew the policy was wrong which is why from the grave Bill gave control of the team to Rocky instead of Peter.

IIRC, Peter was set to take over after Bill died, but it was only for a few days or few weeks. Then somehow, thankfully, they called an audible and put Rocky in charge of the team, Peter in charge of other Wirtz Corp businesses.

The organization is paying for not putting the games on TV now. The Hawks fan base is incredibly weak and fickle now. If they aren’t winning, interest dissipates quickly.

Reactions: Styles

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Only saw the third but was thrilled to see Cat snipe one. His shot has been a bit off and a rocket like that can really get things rolling in the other direction for a sniper.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Howd they look in the first two periods vs the Bs? Hard to gauge the game when I only saw from when they were up 2-3 and the bruins were chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad