GDT: Blackhawks @ Blue Jackets 6pm NBSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I have high expectations too, and I believe they're reasonable. The problem seems less that people's expectations are too high, it's that they don't understand where he is on his development curve.

I cannot stress this enough: For the vast majority of his career thus far, he's been the youngest defenseman in the NHL. He in particular is going to take some time before he reaches his peak, and it's going to be years before it's ever said that he's "good" defensively. I see John Klingberg as a comparable in this respect, and he didn't develop those skills until he was 26 — now he's excellent. Boqvist won't take that long.

The payoff will be worth the wait. The coaches know what he can do even if the fans don't. One day, he'll lead the league in goals by defensemen.

This. How was Keith @ 20? I'll hang up and listen, lol. Yet another chapter of Meatballs Gonna Meatball.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Zadorov was VERY good. Murphy was fine. I have no idea WTF you were watching.
I will say Zadorov has really been struggling to clear the puck on the PK the last handful of games. He gets tired, stops moving his feet, and chucks out very lazy clears right to the opposing dmen who keep it in and has lead to a few goals

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
generational?

upload_2021-2-24_10-12-39.png

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
wow you have to get all the way down to past 6 seasons for that to change to mcdavid. gives pretty good perspective on how great kane has been.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I think there's a good chance Kane will surpass Crosby in career points. It will take more games, but he'll do it. He'll certainly surpass Malkin.

since Kane entered the league...how is he not in the conversation with Sid and Ovi as generational when his numbers and resume say otherwise...he's rarely played with elite talent and still got the job done...

upload_2021-2-24_12-19-2.png

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
since Kane entered the league...how is he not in the conversation with Sid and Ovi as generational when his numbers and resume say otherwise...he's rarely played with elite talent and still got the job done...

View attachment 400008

I think it's because the start of Crosby's career was so stellar whereas Kane got better as he got older. He's still younger than the big three of Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin so it'll be interesting where he ends up. I'm not a data expert, but Kane's career has to be an outlier. How does a guy get better in his 30s? Sorry about the bad photo shop, just did it quick.

comparison.jpg

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

View attachment 400008

Because he is player from Buffalo, NY

Its the same thing what we Finns have, always underrated
when ever its the draft, international play, players in generally speaking,
we have had the best coaches, best coaching systems in the world for years
yet we don't get the recognition, 2016-2019 drafts : 6 players in the top 5, 5 in the top 3,
only 2 Swedes in the top 5 btw

Last edited:
Reactions: Toews2Bickell

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Because he is player from Buffalo, NY

Its the same thing what we Finns have, always underrated
when ever its the draft, international play, players in generally speaking,
we have had the best coaches, best coaching systems in the world for years
yet we don't get the recognition, 2016-2019 drafts : 6 players in the top 5, 5 in the top 3,
only 2 Swedes in the top 5 btw

The best? For years? Everyone's slighting the Finns! GMAB.

That said, Finland does an amazing job a churning out good (or better) hockey players, no doubt.

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Well Beloved banked the two points but ... confess thoroughly disgusted by the time the horn sounded end of regulation.
And was still so fed up the debacle in CAR, I didn't even allow myself check in the GDT before or during the game.
Did read it after tho. I'm a weak & pathetic puck junkie.
"Hi, my name is WeAreSoPucked and I'm a Hawkaholic ..."

Thurs in CBJ, we battle enough get up two again, whatsay we hold onto a lead thru 60 this time?
Nothing for granted tho ...
GoHawks

PS - CBJ dman Savard is a dirty hockey player and if/when karma comes his way, no f**ks given.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad