GDT: Blackhawks at Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
While one should not fully live in the past, winning three cups on six years is still something that should be appreciated, yet it seems many fans are still miserable about it as they were envisioning and expecting a Bulls like run of dominance when with the hard cap and difference in the way the sports are played really wasn't all that realistic. The Cubs a few years back some thought may have been a dynasty and are still at one and may not win another one. It seems Q may be the most disliked winning coach ever in this town and yet Ditka who won one Super Bowl with a team that probably should have won three is basically worshiped and considered to be Lombardi.
Every coach has a shelf life for a team. Q is past his expiry date here.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I hate the fact that people claim Q demands FA signings despite no evidence.
I can’t find the quotes but I specifically remember Mark Lazerus or Scott Powers saying Q asked for a stay at home D and a veteran forward with “predictable play.” Manning is an absolute dog shit hockey player and he plays every game. That’s all the proof you needs

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Lots of shots on goal tonight, not many of good or great quality though. How many tough saves has their backup had to make? I can’t think of any.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
brb going to listen to jammer butcher jokiharju's name and hear sharp and burish tell me the Hawks PP gave them momentum that period

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Lots of shots on goal tonight, not many of good or great quality though. How many tough saves has their backup had to make? I can’t think of any.
Saad had a nice chance, Toews had a breakaway (kind of a weak move though), and Manning had a decent look on a 2 on 1. Nothing else really jumps out to me as hard saves for him to make though.

djeck42

Jan 26, 2011
anyone else sick of the little music loop thing that plays during the intermission and before commercials on comcast?

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I can’t find the quotes but I specifically remember Mark Lazerus or Scott Powers saying Q asked for a stay at home D and a veteran forward with “predictable play.” Manning is an absolute dog **** hockey player and he plays every game. That’s all the proof you needs

So you're saying you can't find the quote where Q said I want Brandon Manning.

and also, Queneville and his staff don't get any credit for developing late round picks like

Hjalmarsson
Brouwer
Burish
Buff
Shaw
Kruger
or cast offs like Sharp and Versteeg ?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
ask ulf how the message sending is going and why they continue to ice dog shit hockey players every night

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And Cat almost scored off the rebound..but the point is too many almosts lately...

I thought we were supposed to have talent?

We look like a team with no major scoring threats...Kane doesn"t have it tonight (after effects from his illness that kept him out last game ? In any case the rest just do not look like a danger to score much ...D'Cat has really tailed off in last 4 games and tonight ...SAAD bubbles his chances most nights ...Ties dropping down on speed ND dagerous release shot back to the ordinary. .It is going bad ...and the problem is not so much the den mow but mostly the lack of talent to get goalies on offense ..

Sort of remind one of Saad last season..his very hot syRt in a few early games then practically nada the rest of the season...but now line #1 has gone cold as a line with only a sporadic occasional goal here it here from one of them..We knew they would cool off but now they do not even look dangerous. ..

Talent up front gone missing..that is our problem.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
What a powerplay...get rid of this coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad