GDT: Blackhawks at Hurricanes| Oct. 15, 2013 | 6:00 PM CT | CSN-CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Trance Kuja can't make the GDT today. So either someone else can do it or you can just change the prefix on this to GDT at game time.

btw - congrats to the Sharps.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 21h
Sadie Ellen Sharp was born yesterday afternoon at 5:43 p.m. Patrick very much outnumbered at home now with two daughters. #Blackhawks

Last edited by a moderator:

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
How active do you need to be to make a game day thread? I'd like to make one some day!

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
How active do you need to be to make a game day thread? I'd like to make one some day!

There are no activity requirements at all. Make as many as you want!

There's no schedule as far as I know. Generally someone just posts one and we roll with that.

Judging from UWT's post, if you make a GDT for the game tonight, that will probably be the official one.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Is this tbe night the Hawks offense finally comes back to life after the last 4 underwhelming examples of ptting pucks into opposing nets? Do Sharp,Hossa or Bickell...any of them..finally beat a goalie and score by doing that? HOSSA is credited with 1G but has not yet shot one past an opposing goalie..so you would think at least one of the 3 can snap out of it and score at least one goal tonight...yetgiven our overall putrid shooting,I would not wager the house money on any of them breaking the unepectedly unproductive shooting pattern tonight..I hope Iam wrong..but I would not bet against the pattern of disappointment for them continuing tonight..because while other teams seem to be facing goalies unable to stop beach balls,our guys seem to be facing Walls each night..you would think this pattern would reverse in our favour..but as O said...do not bet your money on it...hockey gods abandonong our vaunted prowess? Bad Karma forwinning the Cup so to be fair the HGs gotta go ahainst us this year? Whatever...until the HGs let some of our vaunted goal scorers resume normal shooting stat success, we must endure potentially a lot more continuing of the frustration. So if Watd is another Wall tonight...win or lose...you can expect the mounting unease about our offense to really vemt om the various boards and our demands that Q do sometjing about it...I expect an effort tonight from our guys but IF it is another opposing goalie stymie and Q shrigs what else can we do...well to stay in the same low scoring pattern is not going to be acceptable much longer. We do not pay the big salaries to stars of the core just to eke out 2-1 or 3-2 wins...though wins are better tham losses...BUT, come on, eventually we expect higher scoring production fron a team spending at this level...brcause we have gotten such before..to not get it is going to be seen as a huge FAIL..and a bitter shattering of expectation...So will the scoring rise to the level expected? It surely willbe a test for the statistocal reversion to the mean "laws" ..in other eords...the longer the offense stinks the morel the hockey gods owe us some "laughers" ...at least that is ehat is supposed to happen based on probabolity...tonight or nrxt game or the one after...some opponent surely will get a real spanking from our underachieving latent scoring depth...you would think!

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Ok I have a themed GDT ready to go should I post it in a new thread?

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Is this tbe night the Hawks offense finally comes back to life after the last 4 underwhelming examples of ptting pucks into opposing nets? Do Sharp,Hossa or Bickell...any of them..finally beat a goalie and score by doing that? HOSSA is credited with 1G but has not yet shot one past an opposing goalie..so you would think at least one of the 3 can snap out of it and score at least one goal tonight...yetgiven our overall putrid shooting,I would not wager the house money on any of them breaking the unepectedly unproductive shooting pattern tonight..I hope Iam wrong..but I would not bet against the pattern of disappointment for them continuing tonight..because while other teams seem to be facing goalies unable to stop beach balls,our guys seem to be facing Walls each night..you would think this pattern would reverse in our favour..but as O said...do not bet your money on it...hockey gods abandonong our vaunted prowess? Bad Karma forwinning the Cup so to be fair the HGs gotta go ahainst us this year? Whatever...until the HGs let some of our vaunted goal scorers resume normal shooting stat success, we must endure potentially a lot more continuing of the frustration. So if Watd is another Wall tonight...win or lose...you can expect the mounting unease about our offense to really vemt om the various boards and our demands that Q do sometjing about it...I expect an effort tonight from our guys but IF it is another opposing goalie stymie and Q shrigs what else can we do...well to stay in the same low scoring pattern is not going to be acceptable much longer. We do not pay the big salaries to stars of the core just to eke out 2-1 or 3-2 wins...though wins are better tham losses...BUT, come on, eventually we expect higher scoring production fron a team spending at this level...brcause we have gotten such before..to not get it is going to be seen as a huge FAIL..and a bitter shattering of expectation...So will the scoring rise to the level expected? It surely willbe a test for the statistocal reversion to the mean "laws" ..in other eords...the longer the offense stinks the morel the hockey gods owe us some "laughers" ...at least that is ehat is supposed to happen based on probabolity...tonight or nrxt game or the one after...some opponent surely will get a real spanking from our underachieving latent scoring depth...you would think!

So much doom and gloom yet we're only 5 games in. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad