Blackhawks announce rebuild in message to fans

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
why didn't they trade Saad for futures ? Not that Zadorov is old but it doesn't seems they are rebuilding that much.

They are stuck with couple bad contracts with NTC and all.

Either Stan screwed the pooch, or my guess would be that no one was willing to give significant futures for guy with $6.5M due to him this year. Sakic likely said if you want me to take Saad, I have to move $3M back in Zadorov.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I see they are using the Rangers strategy of sending an open letter to the fans before beginning the rebuild process.

First this I thought of.

They sat in a room what can we do....

guy 1- well I mean the rangers fan base is happy and they did so and so....

guy 2- yeah but has that been done over and over ?

guy 1- I don’t think so?...

guy 2- perfect let’s do that!

guy 1- but is true?....

Guy 2- it doesn’t matter! The rangers fan base is happy let’s do it!

Ps- I’m only joking I’m not a fan of the best managed franchise or anything ...I’m wondering if the hawks or actually doing a rebuild it sounded like the message was to retool, and if that’s the case you can’t have your cake ......

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
The first page of this thread was epic.

It was a brief return to humility for Hawks fans, after which the same people hating on the team and its players went right back to proposing things like Shesterkin for Toews. However, it was a glorious five minutes, I’ll give it that.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
It would be cool if Kane, Keith, and Toews all went to a long shot contender to have 3 more stabs at a cup together. Unfortunately the Hawks only have 1 retention slot left so nobody with have the space.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It would be cool if Kane, Keith, and Toews all went to a long shot contender to have 3 more stabs at a cup together. Unfortunately the Hawks only have 1 retention slot left so nobody with have the space.

Kings could do it...the HF fan base and I would line up to gun down GM RB in the streets of Figuroa, but we have the cap space possibilities. We'd have to cap dump a couple of dudes like Carter and Maata, and Chicago would need to do some retention on one of the guys, probably Toews, but it could be done, technically. And the resulting team might even be good. We'd have to plug a few holes with rookies but we have quite a few quality youngsters on ELC, both on defense and forward.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Kings could do it...the HF fan base and I would line up to gun down GM RB in the streets of Figuroa, but we have the cap space possibilities. We'd have to cap dump a couple of dudes like Carter and Maata, and Chicago would need to do some retention on one of the guys, probably Toews, but it could be done, technically. And the resulting team might even be good. We'd have to plug a few holes with rookies but we have quite a few quality youngsters on ELC, both on defense and forward.

Something important about ELC players you are only allowed so much bonuses. Rangers dealt with that and actually have less cap space then we think because of the amount of ELCs. I am no expert on how much % you can go with Bonuses but that would be a thing in the way.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Something important about ELC players you are only allowed so much bonuses. Rangers dealt with that and actually have less cap space then we think because of the amount of ELCs. I am no expert on how much % you can go with Bonuses but that would be a thing in the way.

Fair enough. I don't think we have much in bonuses but I'm no expert when it comes to this. But, to be real, this is just a fantasy what if thing...I don't want those three guys anywhere near my team...I'm just playing the poster's hypothetical game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->