Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 5, Pens 3 | Welp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Phil with actually a lot of hop tonight on ES, really good game, if not for blak magic he would have had 4-5 points, and with awful PP, go figure

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Hawks have a solid powerplay the last ten games and aren’t as bad as their record reflects. Crawford basically being injured out of the league destroys them.

This idea that the Hawks outplayed us tonight is just bizarre.

That 3rd period was so bad that the Hawks, on the whole, outplayed us tonight.
PIT had a very solid first 5on5, mediocre 2nd and an awful 3rd with the energy/execution dropping each period.

Reactions: Andy99

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hoped they could keep it going. But all things come to and end. Now put this behind them and begin a new winning streak. Just not in the cards tonight.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Also, Maatta and JJ have been better but they lost us tonight. They are still the issue with this squad and if JR wants to blind himself with an under performing Brassard we won’t go anywhere this year.

Upgrade Maatta and this team is the best in the league.
can't really blame any of the dman tonight, I thought Maatta had strong game, however that clear was inexcusable (Rust's was even worse)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
penshawks1_zpstlr3mcao.jpg

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna skip Pens/Hawks games from now on.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If the Isles, CBJ and BUF all win on Tuesday and we lose in regulation again, we’ll be out of a PO spot...that’s how tight the East is and how much it hurts to have regulation losses now...

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hawks have won 7 of 12. They had a bad start because of Crawford let’s be honest. That squad should be way better.
They're still not a good team. But truthfully it doesn't much matter. Because we are a good team in this era, and there shouldn't be any team that can constantly beat us like this, no one!

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
+they got two points further away from Jack Hughes :help:

That’s all I got. I really thought we’d dumped this whole “hot start and then let the other team work their way back into it” thing but alas.

Anyway, a reality check might be a good thing at this point. 8 wins on the trot but we’re still a few bad nights from scrapping for a wild card berth.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Also, Maatta and JJ have been better but they lost us tonight. They are still the issue with this squad and if JR wants to blind himself with an under performing Brassard we won’t go anywhere this year.

Upgrade Maatta and this team is the best in the league.

So you're admitting you can work with JJ?
The issue was always getting 2 of the 3 the hell outta here.
I'll take the guy that can skate and is a horse(albeit a sometimes dumb one) over Olli and Rig.

I've said it over and over that JR has to fix the 3rd line. With Brass here or not, don't care, just get it done.
I'd be alot more proactive in getting Olli outta here as well vs the things coming out about them loving him/he's 100% staying thing.

The 4th line, you just gotta give it different looks. Don't stay married to Sheahan on it always. He was a ghost tonight on blew hard on the PK.
I mean, they have Grant right there waiting...

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
If the Isles, CBJ and BUF all win on Tuesday and we lose in regulation again, we’ll be out of a PO spot...that’s how tight the East is and how much it hurts to have regulation losses now...

Wouldn’t be worried in the least if that happens. Pens will make the playoffs. The sky is not falling.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
+ Malkin - seems like he is back to his old self
+ Simon - looked good and almost scored a goal
+ Chicago Sports Fans - hey.. at least they got some sort of win today

- Desmith - looked like an average backup goalie AT BEST - get Murray back in there and limit Desmith's exposure
- Kessel - rough game
- Brassard - horrible player for the cap hit

DeSmith was not that bad. However, Murray should have gotten the start. Not a back-to-back and no game until Tuesday... and he had a SO on Thursday.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Knew this was coming. That’s why...

I did the same thing at the first intermission.

I'm sure you know this by now if your a pens fan, but the pens ALWAYS give up empty net goals, i'v made so much money betting against the pens in the middle of the 3rd period when they are down by one two or three goals(Sully is one of the only coaches that pulls a goalie when down by 3 goals)

The Hawks were plus 220 minus 1.5 goals with 6 mins to play, you just knew that empty net goal was coming.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And yea, why even start CDS tonight?
Either you were afraid to dent Murr's confidence or trying to keep CDS fresh.
Whatever the reason, it was a bad strategy.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad