Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 5, Pens 3 | Welp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pretty Humbling feeling. I honestly believed we were gonna win.

I don’t really think it is humbling. Pens just need to regroup. We played a good game aside from our stars making poor decisions. Been a theme all season. Malkin, Crosby, Letang and Kessel have lost us at least 5 games.

I’m not criticizing them, but it is frustrating.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
i knew the blackhawks would be the team to end our streak. I didn't even have a good feeling even when the pens went up 2-0 in the first 3 minutes.

This team is just gutless against the hawks.

That hot dog ****er had a trash game.
When we didn't get the next goal to get up 3-0 Trepidation overtook me.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The turning point is not their fault. That was the call against Letang late in the 2nd that lead to the Strome goal.

That's deflating when you have a pretty good clip at owning play to have it given away due to poor calls. You gave them life when they really had none, and all they had to do was play less than 19 minutes with a lead, hold, interfere and take away space.

You don't like my view. That's what happen. It was taken away.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Special teams were horrendous. That last goal Maatta and Rust both shit the bed with not making easy clears.

Such a great start to to the game too. I was confident things would be different but blowing that 5 on 3 chance was a bad omen. They didn't even threat to tie it during the last part of the game.

Start another winning streak.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I don’t really think it is humbling. Pens just need to regroup. We played a good game aside from our stars making poor decisions. Been a theme all season. Malkin, Crosby, Letang and Kessel have lost us at least 5 games.

I’m not criticizing them, but it is frustrating.
We were abysmal on special teams tonight. We got hemmed in and made bad decisions with the puck. It's not the end of the world, but again IMO anyhow, pretty humbling when we cannot beat a team that's fighting for last in the league. I know the Hawks the majority of the time over the last five years were very good, but so were we. And 10 straight times they beat us. It's disgusting, it really is!

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Don’t let the 8 game win streak fool you, this is still the same fatally flawed bunch of ****ers that they were before the streak.

Garbage D, garbage passes, piss poor execution, garbage goaltending, stupid penalties...

I’d put more effort into this post but the Pens didn’t so so **** them and **** this.

Alrighty then? Let’s not jump over a cliff. Pens will be fine and we win this game easily with Murray in net. After losing to the Hawks 9 in a row you think you would put your starter in? Just didn’t have a good feeling even before the game started when I saw it was DeSmith starting. Now 10 in a row! Pens should be embarrassed. Don’t agree with about the team though. We have a great team but an off night But had the better chances just poor goaltending from DeSmith. DeSmith is a good backup and has had a great first half but the way Murray is playing he should be starting 4 out of 5 games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
We were abysmal on special teams tonight. We got hemmed in and made bad decisions with the puck. It's not the end of the world, but again IMO anyhow, pretty humbling when we cannot beat a team that's fighting for last in the league. I know the Hawks the majority of the time over the last five years were very good, but so were we. And 10 straight times they beat us. It's disgusting, it really is!

Hawks have a solid powerplay the last ten games and aren’t as bad as their record reflects. Crawford basically being injured out of the league destroys them.

This idea that the Hawks outplayed us tonight is just bizarre.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Big fat minus to the special teams.
3 goals against and notta with one 5on3.

Dunno why the energy waned as the game went along?
The execution/effort in the 3rd was awful.

Bah well, lose to CHI, win the Cup. C'est la vie.

ETA: The best pairing 5on5 was MP-JJ btw. Our 1st pair was our worst with 24(Letang) and 21(Dumo) shots/attempts against.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
+ Malkin - seems like he is back to his old self
+ Simon - looked good and almost scored a goal
+ Chicago Sports Fans - hey.. at least they got some sort of win today

- Desmith - looked like an average backup goalie AT BEST - get Murray back in there and limit Desmith's exposure
- Kessel - rough game
- Brassard - horrible player for the cap hit

Brassard cap hit is only $3 million. What is horrible about that?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well, they’re going to need CDS to be confident and solid for the upcoming road trip...they play two b2bs....I think Sully playing him backfired but it wasn’t the wrong decision...I also dont want to overplay injury-prone Murray...I’d rather lose to the West than the Eastern teams...it’s very important now that we beat FLA and stay in PO position...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well, they’re going to need CDS to be confident and solid for the upcoming road trip...they play two b2bs....I think Sully playing him backfired but it wasn’t the wrong decision...I also dont want to overplay injury-prone Murray...I’d rather lose to the West than the Eastern teams...it’s very important now that we beat FLA and stay in PO position...

It wasn’t the wrong decision, but it seems like a “I’m a smart coach decision.”

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Bit disappointing to not build on the previous game. We've won a lot, but last game was one of the most convincing games. Oh well, hopefully we don't go back to the win one lose one sort of play.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hawks have a solid powerplay the last ten games and aren’t as bad as their record reflects. Crawford basically being injured out of the league destroys them.

This idea that the Hawks outplayed us tonight is just bizarre.
I didn't say anything about outplaying us. But they were more opportunistic and for whatever reason on 10 straight occasions we lost. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. Thank God we won't see them in the playoffs!

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We get outworked by the Blackhawks. It's like they have no respect for us and pressure constantly... and it works.

Lol why would one team respect another and just let them win based on that???? What a strange concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
That’s part of the frustrating part of the loss. They needed the 8 game streak just to claw back into PO contentions because of their shitty start and of course they had to lose while the Caps won...

Reactions: Andy99

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I blame this one on Sullivan. I wanted Murray in net. We knew we needed our best to beat this streak of now 10 in a row. I didn’t like that he was in net right from the beginning. Just a dumb move. Use DeSmith in one of the next games but all hands on deck for the Blackhawks. Really pissed about this. I hate those f’ers.
I was actually shocked because I didn't catch the game until 10 min in the 1st. I didn't really understand what Sullivan was thinking unless he was ok with losing to chicago.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It wasn’t the wrong decision, but it seems like a “I’m a smart coach decision.”

I dunno...it maybe he just wanted CDS to get some work and since we’ve had problems with CHI, he thought it would be a bigger confidence boost to Murray to play him against FLA...who knows..

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad