Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 5, Pens 3 | Welp ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
photo.php

I blame Kunitz for the streak that end tonight.

Well I’m blaming @ColePens for attending the game live in the first place...

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
+ Malkin - seems like he is back to his old self
+ Simon - looked good and almost scored a goal
+ Chicago Sports Fans - hey.. at least they got some sort of win today

- Desmith - looked like an average backup goalie AT BEST - get Murray back in there and limit Desmith's exposure
- Kessel - rough game
- Brassard - horrible player for the cap hit

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We get outworked by the Blackhawks. It's like they have no respect for us and pressure constantly... and it works.

I don’t know if clogging the neutral zone after our number one defense man and second best forward take bad penalties is “outworking” is. But whatever.

We can’t beat the Hawks. Don’t care. Put it behind us. Matt Murray should’ve been in net tonight.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Defense and stupid penalties really let the team down tonight.

I thought Sid, the 3rd line and at times Geno and Simon were good. I honestly dont get the Phil hate. He was creating chances.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Can’t wait until my kid gets to see the Pens beat the Hawks.

Kessel is irritating me.

I know Brass scored, but he was irritating me tonight. That line played well from
neutral to offensive zone but were so frustrating in Dzone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lazy ass hooking penalty from Malkin and the PK was ass. That swung the momentum
And then the Pens missed their golden 5-3 opportunity. Game would have been over if Pens make it 3-1 and keep riding the high.

Lots of opportunity to come back but you could just tell they didn’t have it in them.

They blew their wad in the first getting the two goal lead...and they let the game open up and become a skating game...when they didn’t finish and the PK/DeSmith let in some goals, it didn’t seem like they had the energy to find another gear and tie it up

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Their were so many things that bothered me in that game.

The worst part of that game for me is that your down a goal with basically a full period to play and you have no push against a bad team, how do you not at least have a push to tie the game?

The next few games will be interesting, Pens have won games recently because of things that aren't sustainable, if the special teams and goal tending comes back down to earth lets see if they can still win games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
+ Malkin - seems like he is back to his old self
+ Simon - looked good and almost scored a goal
+ Chicago Sports Fans - hey.. at least they got some sort of win today

- Desmith - looked like an average backup goalie AT BEST - get Murray back in there and limit Desmith's exposure
- Kessel - rough game
- Brassard - horrible player for the cap hit
Brassard is getting paid less than Kessel, Maatta, Dumoulin, Letang, Crosby, Rust, Pearson, Hornqvist, Malkin, Johnson, Schultz, etc.

He’s fine.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pretty Humbling feeling. I honestly believed we were gonna win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad