Blackhawks 1st line is the best in the NHL

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
See you guys we didn't lose to a bad team, we lost to a really good team.

In all seriousness, the 'hawks are doing incredible. I thought they'd be bottom of the barrel with their goaltending duo, but they've come up clutch. Fun to see.

Reactions: dukeofjive

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
From us Hawks fans, please excuse George. He's like the crazy uncle you have to invite to Thanksgiving. Says a whole bunch of nutso stuff and you just smile and ask him to pass the mashed potatoes.
I remember his main board thread from a few months back about how DeBrincat was the best overall player in the NHL. It got locked pretty quickly.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I had to check if this was a biased post but I was clearly wrong. But I've mostly been following the Jets, Canadian teams and partially the Blue Jackets, and didn't realize Dylan Strome isn't centring Kane now.

Found it was hard to follow US teams considering they've been cancelling too many games. I usually follow the whole NHL, that or I'm just getting old which makes it harder.

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Not even a first line, but they've been really good lately, leading the Isles: Dal Colle - Pageau - Wahlstrom

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Blackhawks 1st line is currently the best in the NHL.

Its one of the few that's been together most of the season
and the line combines points : 30+42=72 and +/- +20

And that line is : DeBrincat-Suter-Kane
If you're going by strictly points, there's a line in Toronto that's higher for sure.

If you're going by all round play, there's a line in boston that has been elite for years.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I think Debrincat - Dach - Kane could be close the way Cat and Kane are playing, but the Bruins first line is far and away the best line in hockey.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
That line is super overrated but okay.

Wait! Ive seen this one before, it’s a classic!

This the one when a blues fan who just started watching hockey after the blues won the SC started responding to any thread that had the mere mention of a bruins player in it just to bash them. Congrats dude you might be the only person in the entire hockey universe that think this!

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
They’ve played the red wings 6 times

It’s a great line tho

Lol so every time anyone posts anything positive about the blackhawks we're just going to dismiss it because they play in the same division as a bad team, cool.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Lol so every time anyone posts anything positive about the blackhawks we're just going to dismiss it because they play in the same division as a bad team, cool.
You don't think playing one of the worst teams in the league for 25% of your games is something worthy of consideration when discussing the team's performance this season?

You don't have to accuse them of being horrible to acknowledge that.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Its definteily the Bruins top line, but the hawk looks really good now obviously.

Bruins top line tho is just way to good at every aspect of the game

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
You don't think playing one of the worst teams in the league for 25% of your games is something worthy of consideration when discussing the team's performance this season?

You don't have to accuse them of being horrible to acknowledge that.

They’ve also produced at a high level against the Canes, Lightning, Stars, etc. So no, the fact that they also play the wings really means absolutely nothing. Especially considering they’ve had to play those other teams a bunch too...it’s not like the wings are the only team in the division that they’ve had to play multiple times...in fact if you ask me having to face the Lightning as many times as they have thus far cancels out those Wings games. Imagine having to face TB 5-6 times in your first 25-30 games.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
They’ve also produced at a high level against the Canes, Lightning, Stars, etc. So no, the fact that they also play the wings really means absolutely nothing. Especially considering they’ve had to play those other teams a bunch too...it’s not like the wings are the only team in the division that they’ve had to play multiple times...in fact if you ask me having to face the Lightning as many times as they have thus far cancels out those Wings games. Imagine having to face TB 5-6 times in your first 25-30 games.
Okay, and how does their production fare against other teams in the division? How does that scoring compare to other lines in the league?

It isn't the be all end all to discredit them, but you can't just ignore it. Also he even said it was a great line.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Okay, and how does their production fare against other teams in the division? How does that scoring compare to other lines in the league?

It isn't the be all end all to discredit them, but you can't just ignore it. Also he even said it was a great line.

Ummmm yea, you can “just ignore it”...that’s my entire point. Cuz it’s a petty and stupid reason to try and downplay their form/production this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->