Blackburns Career OVER??

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
According to MSG TV, after getting his shoulder operated on, he lost one of his nerves. The nerve affected disables him from being able to use his catching glove. They are trying to get him to use 2 blockers instead, but how good can a goalie be without a glove?

Very sad if this is the end of the line for him. I hope he can overcome this

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Dan Blackburns career in doubt

JD talked about the progress on Danny's shoulder rehab. They showed him in that special training pool and you could really see the scar on his shoulder. He said that he has been working out very very hard and that all the nerves have come back but one. Unfortunately that one nerve is preventing him from being able to get his left arm up in order to make glove saves. The Rangers training/equipment staff have come up with a piece of equipment that is basically another blocker with a small catching glove for him to wear on his left hand. JD explained that there doesn't seem to be a rule against using this piece of equipment, which is good. JD also said that if Danny cannot play well while using this in place of his catching glove he will likely have to retire, which is bad.

John Davidson was on TV today. Not surprising, we've been hearing rumblings like this. Danny joined the Checkers if the ECHL Monday, he looks to be completely done. Not that hes not good from the time off, but he can't physically play. It doesn't look like he will ever play again.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
He injured his shoulder working out in the summer of 03. Had Surgury on it...rehab was going VERY slow...had surgury on it again a few months ago...and now this. Sigh.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
?

I didn't notice that. Maybe I didn't follow the Rangers much... but I could swear I attended a game last year in which he completely killed the Habs. The shots were like 40 to 15 or something and he was a wall.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Masao said:
?

I didn't notice that. Maybe I didn't follow the Rangers much... but I could swear I attended a game last year in which he completely killed the Habs. The shots were like 40 to 15 or something and he was a wall.

Jason LaBarbara? Jamie McClennen? Mike Dunham?

that or last year was really 2 years ago?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Masao said:
?

That was 2 seasons ago.

Vic Rattlehead*

Poor guy. Had a lot of potential to be a great goalie. Must suck to get such a bad injury.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
NYRangers said:
John Davidson was on TV today. Not surprising, we've been hearing rumblings like this. Danny joined the Checkers if the ECHL Monday, he looks to be completely done. Not that hes not good from the time off, but he can't physically play. It doesn't look like he will ever play again.

Old news, but damn what potential this kid had :(

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
I'm a fan of Blackburn, and all I can do is cross my fingers and hope he's atleast able to play another game in the NHL.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
I think his developement was rushed. He should not have been introduced to the NHL at such a young age when he clearly wasnt ready. A great talent, but not was not a great NHL goalie during his short career. I know the injury isnt really related, but thats still my opinion.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
MojoJojo said:
I think his developement was rushed. He should not have been introduced to the NHL at such a young age when he clearly wasnt ready. A great talent, but not was not a great NHL goalie during his short career. I know the injury isnt really related, but thats still my opinion.

He might had been rushed a little..but he was ready...he had a very good rookie season (rookie goalie standards). He was ready for the NHL when he played his first game.

Leaf the Lucky

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Wow...I have a shoulder injury myself but to be unable to lift your arm ever. That truly has to hurt. Forget the career, this is a big obstacle for the rest of his life.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
MojoJojo said:

I think he was probably rushed too. Like Diepietro. Rick wasn't ready for the NHL at 18 but after a couple of seasons of AHL hockey he is. All-star too I think.

And also he was on the Rangers. A team not known for playing defensive hockey. Too bad about Dan's injury. I didn't know it was this bad. Luckily for the Rangers they have Lundqvist and Montoya.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
"We're sorry for mishandling your development and now making you unable to use your arm, well I guess your contract is running out right about now.." Hope it's not true, a link would be nice.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
He wasnt rushed. A lot of nights he was simply amazing. I say he wasnt rushed because the D in front of him was laughable. He would have done a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->