Movies: Black Widow - heading to Disney +

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Technically, you aren't renting it. You are buying the movie like any other digital movie. The only caveat is that you need to maintain your Disney+ subscription.

So maybe a better term is leasing and leasing for early access is all. In the case of Mulan everyone with regular Disney+ will get as of December 4th.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
considering how much it costs to go to the movies (ticket, food, drinks), $30 is fine for a movie that you know will be good

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Since Soul went to Disney+ without extra fee, Black Widow could go too. Especially since the buy option wasn't available on Disney+ for Mulan in many countries. If it goes, maybe they go the Wonder Woman 84 route, limited time on Disney+ but also in theaters?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I was planning on seeing in theaters in May as I’ll be fully vaccinated by then but the chance to watch at home man I may just do that.

At $34 CDN I am not sure if I want to spend that much for a movie at home. I still have a $50 gift card from Christmas 2019 that I haven't, basically haven't been able to. use at Cineplex theaters up here.

Reactions: John Price

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
At $34 CDN I am not sure if I want to spend that much for a movie at home. I still have a $50 gift card from Christmas 2019 that I haven't, basically haven't been able to. use at Cineplex theaters up here.

$30 basically covers what my wife and I would spend anyway. I talked to her about seeing it in May in theaters (she'll be vaccinated by then as well) and expressed some hesitation.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!
Sep 19, 2008
When ZSJL is 15 dollars on HBO Max without additional fees and Disney charges 30 dollars for movies it's a ripoff.

Again when I go to the theater it costs 18 max for a single ticket

30 > 18.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I've actually now paid both of Disney's premium rentals (Mulan, Raya and the Last dragon), but, doubt I'll do this one.

I was able to make a family event out of the others. My kids aren't into MCU yet though, and, I'd be willing to go out to see Black Widow with my wife as an outing, but it's not something I want to see bad enough to pay for at home.

I honestly expect that things will be a lot better by July, that I think seeing a movie may not be that big of a risk.

I'm honestly a little surprised that Disney postponed, but, I think part of it is they want to see how well a MCU film does in the digital release.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'll happily pay whatever for this as I was going to see this in theaters if everything was normal, unlike Mulan and Raya

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Why did they make it $30? That's how much you'd pay for a 4K Blu-Ray. Should've made it slightly more than the cost of a movie ticket at like $15.

I think $15 is close enough to pocket change that people will subscribe to a service for it or at least a one-time purchase, $30 is an actual purchase that they'd be more likely to pirate.

I got HBOMax for my brother because of JL and bought a few comedy specials and stuff that seemed worth the price at $10-20, gonna for sure pirate it though at $30.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
No thanks. I would rather wait to see it in theatres than re-subscribe with Disney+ and then on top of the monthly payment have to pay to rent the movie . I call it a rental bc more than likely it will be a film I will watch only one time. They should have made it more reasonably priced.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Technically, you aren't renting it. You are buying the movie like any other digital movie. The only caveat is that you need to maintain your Disney+ subscription.
Ya but a month or two later it becomes a regular part of Disney+ anyways. Like I didn't pay for the live action Aladdin I think it was and now I can access it for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad