TV: Black Mirror (Channel4(UK)/Netflix)

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
THE WALDO MOMENT did not enjoy it. Actually, I was rather bored. Almost fell asleep. Was the only episode I picked up my phone. The episode was interesting at first but went nowhere. Rehashed the same crap and the same jokes. It's a good thing this episode was smashed between two of by favourites.
Didn't totally enjoy this one on first watch either. But rewatched it after Trump, and, well, it scared me. So I'm surprised you have it this low seeing it for the first time in this post-Donald world.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Didn't totally enjoy this one on first watch either. But rewatched it after Trump, and, well, it scared me. So I'm surprised you have it this low seeing it for the first time in this post-Donald world.
I'm Canadian. I don't really care about Trump. He was cool on WWE. The end.

Government politics bore me.

Reactions: zombie kopitar

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
super divisive episode. I personally loved it
Is it really though? I've honestly seen nothing but praise for that episode. It's definitely a "different" type of Black Mirror episode, but it seems like it was well received. Sort of in a way that San Junipeiro felt different from other episodes, but was well received.

I go back and forth with The National Anthem and USS Callister as my favorite episode.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Is it really though? I've honestly seen nothing but praise for that episode. It's definitely a "different" type of Black Mirror episode, but it seems like it was well received. Sort of in a way that San Junipeiro felt different from other episodes, but was well received.

I go back and forth with The National Anthem and USS Callister as my favorite episode.

oh yeah. it got alot of criticism at the time for plot holes and recycled ideas.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Interesting, must have missed all of that.

I tried to ignore it mostly. Like I said I loved the episode personally. yes it used ideas from older episodes, but big deal. they told a fresh story with it

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Just watched it....easily top 3 worst eps. It was terrible.

You got the blue thing was trump? I'm confused.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Well, I'm sure most of you are waist-deep, or even 'finished' with Bandersnatch. Some people, like myself, were thrilled with it. Some people were rather disappointed. Regardless of which side of the fence that you're on, there's good news for everyone: Netflix has confirmed that a full Season 5 will arrive in 2019. The complexity of Bandersnatch has pushed Season 5 back a bit, however it will not stand in place of a full season.

upload_2018-12-31_11-15-35.png

This is a Buzzfeed editor btw... not that Buzzfeed is particularly the most reputable source, but I don't see why this guy would make something like this up out of nothing.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
So basically it was like the Christmas episode a few years ago
It would appear so... Except they were obviously going for something a bit more ambitious with this one here. I loved Bandersnatch, but it's kind of a bummer that its development pushed back a legit season of BM.

I love everything that the Black Mirror folks are doing though, so if this is for the best of the series, then so be it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is this really still on basic cable or whatever in the UK (Channel 4?). I believe they lost the rights years ago... maybe a thread title change?

Anyway, for the guy yapping about just 3 eps...we have an interactive movie a few months ago which tied into the budget, and the first season was just 3 eps too. I expect all three of these eps to be fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad