Value of: Bjugstad and Simon

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Pens could do with space but also, following the 4th line performance last night there's some potential to make changes to get them in up top. Bjugstad, Simon are available there.

If the Pens were to package the two together, what could they get?

Or would they be better packaging Simon with Gudbranson?

Ideally a depth forward and pick would be the return.

Puck You Too

Apr 12, 2019
Maryland
Trade Simon, yeah right. He's Sully's favorite. Trade Gudbranson ? Nope, A RH D-man with grit. Pens got pushed around last night and for that matter got pushed around by the Ducks.

One night with WBS guys contributing. Yipee, I'll wait.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I can see Bjugstad getting traded but I doubt Simon will. For better or worse, I think the team sees him as a cheaper equivalent of Bryan Rust. I think Rust is more likely to get traded than Bjugstad OR Simon.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Realistically, I don't think Simon will be traded. He's 25, cheap, and a RFA. I can only see him being traded if there was a larger deal and someone demanded him be a part of it...but when the Pens also get something back of similar value.

Could also see something like Gudbranson for a forward, Simon for a RFA similar dman, in a joint deal or separate deal.

I think we need to get a bit more into the season so teams can see their rosters settled out. Takes awhile to id who you may want to send off.

Bjugstad I can see being sent off. That said, with the caps being so tight for so many, it would have to be a hockey trade. I'm just not 100% what our needs are that are accomplished with swapping him out.

Reactions: Giskard

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So when you “package” Simon, are you implying that this dime-a-dozen player has actual value?? Because that is absurd!

Bjugstad will need to prove he is a 0.5ppg player before you can extract any kind of value from him in a trade. And he has to get healthy before any of that happens. No gm would trade for him until he can prove to be productive

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
So when you “package” Simon, are you implying that this dime-a-dozen player has actual value?? Because that is absurd!

Bjugstad will need to prove he is a 0.5ppg player before you can extract any kind of value from him in a trade. And he has to get healthy before any of that happens. No gm would trade for him until he can prove to be productive
I don't like Bjugstad at all, but I don't think he'll be that hard to move. He's got less than 2 years left on his contract and he's not that expensive for a middle 6 forward. I mean Pearson returned Hagelin last year and he had more term. Bjugstad is also the superior player.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think sometimes people on HF think that automatically adding 2 things together will get a better return somehow.

It's like "If this autographed picture of Walter Mathau I have is worth $25 AND I have this bottle of Calvin Klein Obsession that's worth $50..... Then that means someone will give me $75 for both of them."

Of course, this presupposes that there is someone out there that is in dire need of both those items.

Usually that's not the way that markets work.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I think sometimes people on HF think that automatically adding 2 things together will get a better return somehow.

It's like "If this autographed picture of Walter Mathau I have is worth $25 AND I have this bottle of Calvin Klein Obsession that's worth $50..... Then that means someone will give me $75 for both of them."

Of course, this presupposes that there is someone out there that is in dire need of both those items.

Usually that's not the way that markets work.
I'd trade them separately for a 3rd

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I see Bjugstad has worn out his welcome

Kind of, but more due to Blueger and Lafferty than him playing poorly. Slow start this year ane then injured, but he did well enough as 3C last season.
With the Pens needing to move out salary and open spots, he is just an obvious candidate.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Anyway, the idea that Simon is getting traded needs to die. It isn’t happening. He has disappointing numbers for where he plays, but he does help Sid and Jake and can be plugged in pretty much anywhere. At his cap-hit, that is really valuable.

Reactions: Peat

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Wild are comfortably the worst team in the league through these first couple weeks. I wouldn't read that much into your fourth line playing well against them.

Our best players this season so far are:

Brad Hunt
Marcus Foligno
Ryan Hartman

In that order

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
The Wild are comfortably the worst team in the league through these first couple weeks. I wouldn't read that much into your fourth line playing well against them.

Brad Hunt
Marcus Foligno
Ryan Hartman

In that order

Well, its not just you.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I don't like Bjugstad at all, but I don't think he'll be that hard to move. He's got less than 2 years left on his contract and he's not that expensive for a middle 6 forward. I mean Pearson returned Hagelin last year and he had more term. Bjugstad is also the superior player.
Bjugstad is not better than Pearson.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Brad Hunt
Marcus Foligno
Ryan Hartman

In that order

brad hunt <3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad