Post-Game Talk: BJ's @ WC's -7pm-ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Kuzy’s game of late...not good. Not shooting the puck enough for one. Passing up shot opportunities to go behind the net.

Reactions: Pomee

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Tonight is a great example of when the advanced stats don't match the eye test OR certain players deserved better fates. You decide:

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.40.55 PM.png

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Kuzy’s game of late...not good. Not shooting the puck enough for one. Passing up shot opportunities to go behind the net.

Rumour has it he reads our board and is pissed at his 5v5 and possession stats and his relative %/60 * #!# - so he's trying to hang on to the puck longer. He's bought into the hype that scoring points is over-rated when assessing a player's value to his team

Reactions: AtNightWeFly

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Thank Nic Dowd for taking a penalty right after Ovechkin's goal, killing our momentum.

Also Kuznetsov needs to stop trying his stupid cutesy passes when we need to keep possession. It led directly to that ENG for them. He always tries these unnecessary high-risk passes when he's at the side/going around the net. It's not 2016-17 anymore where he had an unrealistically high success rate with those passes. Literally just banked the puck off the net to absolutely nobody, gave up possession when he had a simple pass to Backstrom who was wide open to set up the 6v5, and they just get the puck and score the ENG.

1st loss after 6 wins so I shouldn't be so pissed but still.

Reactions: Randyne and Pomee

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
well...you could see that coming from a mile away. Siegenthaler got bumped up to Jensen and Orlov to Carlson. Kempny dropped to Gudas. Kempny has been struggling for a while now. Something to keep an eye on.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Jensen just texted me:

'OP in the GDT provided too much info and screwed up my timing.'

Also, I didn't have a drop of alcohol during the whole game.

Wednesday:

source.gif

Reactions: Devil Dancer

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
well...you could see that coming from a mile away. Siegenthaler got bumped up to Jensen and Orlov to Carlson. Kempny dropped to Gudas. Kempny has been struggling for a while now. Something to keep an eye on.
I have noticed that too. Seems a step slow. Wonder if he is experiencing some issues from his injury from last spring.

JayBeagleFanAccount

May 30, 2018
Washington, DC
Kuzy shelled again: -29.99 cf% rel, -36.61 ff% rel, -37.16 xGF% rel. Oshie, Carlson, Ovi, Backstrom, Kempny all got shelled tonight too but this is a really bad trend for Kuzy.

Good thing this line (and Jensen) looked great, finally playing healthy together
3rd line cbj.PNG

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
So I was right when I decided to go sleep instead of watching it live. Gotta download and watch in a couple hours but judging by comments Jensen and Panik are still too good right now.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
As Crash Davis might say "Winning streaks are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Lose some games to lesser teams – it's more democratic.”

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have noticed that too. Seems a step slow. Wonder if he is experiencing some issues from his injury from last spring.

That is my impression. Its like he had an adrenaline boost at the beginning like a call up gets for the first few games and then he wears down. He has been beaten on speed a lot lately. He has had other issues lately that might not be anything more than being destracted by his mobility problems.

Reactions: peterthegreat12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->