Confirmed with Link: Bjorkstrand signs 3 year, 2.5Mil AAV Deal.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The "checking" talk in regards to Torts and Bjorkstrand is "embarrassing", IMO.

Torts telling him to "check" more, is him saying he wants him to play harder/more physical/more involved. Its NOT why he "stopped scoring", like you guys have attempted to hint at over and over and over. Torts is literally teaching/coaching a young player and you guys have an issue with it. You people make it seem like he's asked him to change his entire game and run around like Dorsett or Tom Wilson.

Sometimes, I really don't know WHAT some people want here. Torts especially, is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Reactions: major major

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree with bus that the checking wasn't what threw Bjorkstrand's scoring off. It might have just been a sniper getting in his own head, or more likely just random ups and downs.

I didn't see him change his game that much either, just finishing checks instead of circling, which is an improvement.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A player who's physically engaged is more likely to be mentally engaged as well. You don't have to be 2008 SCF Game 3 Brooks Orpik to be engaged physically. And... I think that added level of mental engagement will serve Bjork's game well. I think he needs to be more assertive with his play, his shot in particular.

Reactions: Xoggz22

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Last year was also his first full NHL season. He hopefully understands the adjustments he needs to make and will be more assertive this year. He has a hell of a shot and should be a 200+ shot guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->