Confirmed with Link: Bjorkstrand signs 3 year, 2.5Mil AAV Deal.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The longer the term, the more dollars. I'll be happy to see him signed for 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised, if it's 3 years, for it to be around 3.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Bjorkstrand does have 60 points in 120 games which is pretty good. There are a lot of players with ~0.4 PPG who have signed 2-3 year deals between 2-3M coming off their ELCs. 0.5 PPG or slightly above have signed around 3M. Jarmo has been stingy with these RFAs and when considering that + cap going up + Bjorkstrand's low number of games played, I think he's going to end up somewhere below 3M. Maybe 2.75M. Could be lower too depending how they view the games played argument (Domi just signed 2 x 3.15M and has played 100 more games while also scoring more). I think 3 x 2.75M would be pretty solid.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Now let's see if he can make the next step and become a staple in the top six.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I expect Bjork to sign an 3 year deal for a little over $2 million per year. ;-}

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jarmo had a couple of questionable contracts in the beginning , but it seems like he’s growing into an excellent GM

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yes it "should" be easy, but you never really know what's going on in a players head or what his agent has said to him. Anderson was less proven and decided to hold out to try and get more money.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yes it "should" be easy, but you never really know what's going on in a players head or what his agent has said to him. Anderson was less proven and decided to hold out to try and get more money.

Easy decision in term/dollars, if you look back at the post I responded to. The agent certainly didn't have any type of real leverage either.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
“It’s a great way to say it, that he ‘quietly’ had 40 points last year,” said Bjorkstrand’s agent, Peter Fish. “If he had all of the opportunities that some of the other guys did but he’s such a team player, and he just goes out and does his job.
“If you want to plug him in on the third line, he’s there. You want to plug him on the fourth line or the second line, power play time … he’ll do whatever, and he just goes about his job.”

I remember Torts said that "Bjorky never complains, other guys goes to him and complain about their ice time and so on, but Bjorky is a quiet guy and he doesn't say a word." I think Bjork needs to be a little louder.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
“It’s a great way to say it, that he ‘quietly’ had 40 points last year,” said Bjorkstrand’s agent, Peter Fish. “If he had all of the opportunities that some of the other guys did but he’s such a team player, and he just goes out and does his job.
“If you want to plug him in on the third line, he’s there. You want to plug him on the fourth line or the second line, power play time … he’ll do whatever, and he just goes about his job.”

I remember Torts said that "Bjorky never complains, other guys goes to him and complain about their ice time and so on, but Bjorky is a quiet guy and he doesn't say a word." I think Bjork needs to be a little louder.

Goals speak louder than words

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Well he scored 2 goals in 1 game, was rewarded with "...meh, needs to check more". Did what he was told to do. :)
"Coincidentally" he scored less from that point. And ironically his plus/minus number deteriorated with his increased checking.

Now I know +/- is considered a dubious number, but when a player throughout his career (all leagues) posts only plus numbers - oh, one year was a minus 1 - it's a meaningful stat. Those words "check more" may have increased his "competitiveness" but seemingly at a cost. Maybe, he will successfully integegrate the checking with his offensive game. If he doesn't, I'd just as soon have the"old Bjork who checks less" (which will produce points and will earn him 12 minutes a game).

I like OB a lot and am hoping for a solid 2nd line year.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->