Bizarre Occurrences at Games

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I was looking for that Asselstine video a couple months ago but couldn't find it.

I love this one. Herb Brooks calls Jacques Demers a "milk truck driver", Demers challenges Brooks to a fight, and Brooks responds by saying something like, "I'm willing, but you can't skate". Then this happens.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
HWC uploaded this clip earlier today which Sportscentre aired last night..

SJGoalie32

Apr 7, 2007
TealTown, USA
Also I went to the Sharks home opener that same season, and the power went out during the warmups. Game was delayed for about a half hour and they eventually skipped the usually season opening ceremonies. Not only that but the brand new Jumbo Tron wasn't functioning, and neither was the sound, so a good portion of the game was played without a PA, music or even a scoreboard.

I was at that game, too.

No blaring rock music. No light shows. No animated graphics telling fans when to cheer. No gimmicks during the commercial breaks. No advertisements.

Just pure simple straightforward unadulterated hockey played by NHL professionals in front of 17,496 fans screaming their heads off.

That was the best and sweetest 10-15 minutes of NHL hockey I've ever been a part of. I miss it.

Also was at the game where Jonathan Cheechoo slid hard into the side boards feet first and his skate punched a hole into the boards. Never seen that before.

I broke my ankle once on a play similar to that, so I was sure when I heard the crash that Cheech had snapped his ankle like a twig. To see him get up and skate away because the side boards imploded created a huge sigh of relief.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
I forgot all about this until I ran into the guy who did it yesterday. It was in an ECHL game a few years ago. A defenseman on the home team broke his stick and continued to play without one. As the play moved to the other end he skated up from behind to a guy on the visiting team and ripped his stick out of hand and used it until the whistle blew. The look on the guys face was priceless, he didn't know what to do. He started to go to the ref and then he went to the bench to get a new one. Then the whistle blew and the home player dropped the stick and went to the bench. Visitor went over and picked up his stick and skated off with both of them.

Super Fadio Bro

MAMA MIA!!!
Jan 12, 2009
Somewhere
I'll just tell you ones I was reading in the book "Lets Talk Hockey 50 Wonderful debates". For those that don't know it's the chapter that dissects fan/player brawls.

- Milbury shoe incident

- Tie Domi beating up obese Philly fan that fell into the penalty box

- Calgary fan streaker Tim Hurlbut falls from the glass naked and knocks himself out cold while he lies on his back (think about that picture)

- Steve Sullivan incident where he mocks a Colorado fan who got hit in the face with a puck just prior to the fan doing likewise for an injuy to Sullivan

Never forget:laugh:

And this one is rather sad than bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad