Recalled/Assigned: Bitetto and Stalberg back to Nashville

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Hopefully Stålberg doesn't get stuck on the 4th line or in the press box.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Stall didnt even skate with a line this AM - is he simply insurance - or is this part of some trade that is coming?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Stalberg had a decent game that hit off the Pipe drew a eyeroll from him. Hes wondering if he will ever score another NHL goal. Lavi bounced him some start on the 2nd line moved down to 3rd before the Pipe then back up.... All in all he was better than most the forwards out there tonight.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Bitetto did not look very good to me. Two just terrible giveaways in the third on routine plays. He just seemed to crumble under an unexpected forecheck with the puck.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Took the family to the game tonight, had a blast. My three year old daughter loved her first game.

Stalberg- was very noticeable tonight. Loved his game and I am a Stalberg hater.

Bitetto- I will say this, can't wait for Ellis-Ekholm to return.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Bitetto fan here - but that stat line for him is almost completely blank - 10 minutes of nada. Hope he can get his confidence up and improve - otherwise he's getting up there in years fro an NHL newcomer.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Bitetto looked like a kid in his first couple games - which he is. He got burned badly on a give-and-go early that Peks bailed him out on, and he got pushed around some by Boyle. He did have some bad turnovers - so did Josi - but you know, he wasn't awful and he showed some nice intuition pinching and helping keep O-zone pressure and control, as well as some heart taking that fight. But at 24 sure like to see him a bit more refined.

VS - had a decent game. Like the 3rd line all year, he can't buy a goal. Like to see him get a couple more games to see if he can get it going. He sure didn't do anything tonight to set himself apart from any of the guys playing in front of him, but he certainly played well enough that he shouldn't be visiting Milw again and 0llie shouldn't be seeing the ice without a dire emergency.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
My thing with Stalberg is his upside > Jokinen's upside. If just comparing those 2 I would probably choose Stalberg every time, especially right now while we have a cushion and have the ability to sit here and evaluate upside.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
My thing with Stalberg is his upside > Jokinen's upside. If just comparing those 2 I would probably choose Stalberg every time, especially right now while we have a cushion and have the ability to sit here and evaluate upside.

Well and too me Stalberg has one huge advantage over OJ and that's speed. Stalberg may not put in any more goals, but that speed can open some things up. Is he what we hoped he would be when we signed him? Well no. Is he worse than OJ? No.

I understand he hasn't done a damn thing, but I've felt for a while that he has gotten the raw end of the deal at certain points. The big one was not only did he just not fit in with Trotz, but he started the season injured. I'm beginning to believe he was the one sent down and put on waivers because they knew no one would take on that contract unlike with maybe OJ or Cullen. They could keep him the depth without worry of someone else grabbing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad