Bitcoin sinks to new 13-month low - NO Politics!

Sep 19, 2008
Crypto"currencies" are all pyramid schemes.

They serve no real purpose unless you are a scumbag doing scumbag things. They are exceptionally bad on the environment and energy usage. And they prey on young people and less than knowledgeable "investors".

f*** them all. Find a new use for blockchain that actually solves a problem instead of creating more. The technology has some potential, but it's current use is a shit show.

Sep 19, 2008
lmao the crypto guy trying to say "this was always a long term investment"

that's loser talk :laugh:

translation: i'm dirt poor now but IN THE FUTURE IN 10 YEARS I'LL HAVE THAT MONEY BACK

who cares about the future

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
giphy.gif

Sep 19, 2008
The problem with bitcoin was it was all a trendy fad and had no serious long term effects

People just heard about it on the news and invested everything into it hoping to get rich quick :laugh:

Then it all busts and now these people lost a ton of money on a meaningless fad currency which will bust very soon. don't tell me about "long term" there isn't any :laugh: all this cryptocurrency garbage is a fad from people who just want to get rich quick. Everyone knows about it now. You aren't getting rich off this **** :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Even noted Cryptocurrency advocate Gardner McKay said

Just saying I don't really see a long term path for the sector at the moment. Crypto's continue to fork and devalue. Companies are investing in their own blockchain solutions. Many coins have no real use and were simply means of funding a project.

I get the whole long term investment piece. I'm saying I don't like the direction crypto is heading. Just my own 2c.

:laugh:

it's dead

member 157595

lmao the crypto guy trying to say "this was always a long term investment"

that's loser talk :laugh:

translation: i'm dirt poor now but IN THE FUTURE IN 10 YEARS I'LL HAVE THAT MONEY BACK

who cares about the future

Not defending crypto because I am not interested in putting any scratch into those securities, but 10 years is a very short time for an investment portfolio.

Sep 19, 2008
Not defending crypto because I am not interested in putting any scratch into those securities, but 10 years is a very short time for an investment portfolio.
Bitcoin falls below $5,000

The fall brought the total value of all Bitcoin in existence to below $87bn.

On Thursday, 15 November, Bitcoin Cash - an offshoot of Bitcoin - split into two different crypto-currencies, which are now in competition with each other.

And some observers have blamed this for creating turmoil in the crypto-currency markets, with many of the digital assets experiencing falls.

Bitcoin exchange Kraken said in a blog post that it regarded one of the two new Bitcoin Cash crypto-currencies - Bitcoin SV - as "an extremely risky investment".

Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

member 157595

I'm not a cryptocurrency investor so there's no skin off my back if it bombs.

I'm just saying that 10 years is a really short time in the investment game.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Good 2 know since I invested in bitcoin not long ago. Well I shall gamble my money back, it's a lesser risk than crypto currencies anyway

-Mack

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Sweet, now I can go find the guy who took the other side of my "below $6K before it gets back to $12K" bet back in February, then doubled down on it with my "below $5K before it gets back to $10K" offer in June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad