News Article: Bissonnette Finds Comfort With AHL Contract

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Bissonnette Finds Comfort With AHL Contract

Fast forward to Tuesday and Bissonnette finally has a city he can call home for the balance of the season. Though he was once again released from his tryout, the move was made so the team could sign him to a standard player contract to keep him a Monarch until summer. Minutes after his team’s game on Wednesday, Bissonnette spoke to us exclusively about that contract, his future, Mike Richards, and more…

What an interview. Biz is incredible to talk to. Had some great things to say about the Coyotes org.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Always liked the guy. He stepped in for his teammates and was a fun dude. If we can offload Crombeen, I would love for him to come back as the 13th forward.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I always thought Biz was under-rated for his behind the scenes assets. By fans I mean. He did a great job in the room and was always positive and ready to go for the Coyotes. Not sure how that measures in terms of team success but the better the room generally the better the team.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
I think Biz could easily find a spot on this roster on the 4th line. He can cycle the puck, hit and is a decent energy guy who will drop the gloves if called upon. I would have no problem bringing him back at the minimum and get him in to 30 or 40 games. From what I understand, he was a good teammate, and while he has hands of stone, he does other things just fine from what it would cost us from him to have a spot.

I see a lot of turnover next year, however, and I see young guys filling most of the holes in the 4th line. Tyler Gaudet probably is in a fourth line role next year.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Replace Tyson Nash in the booth with Bissonnette.

Tyson Nash sent down to AHL affiliate, Portland Pirates, pending trade. The Arizona Coyotes intend to trade Nash for former Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette (Biz Nasty) so that he can be recalled to take Nashers place on the media team. "This deal is something we've always wanted, we know Paul would be a good fit for our broadcast team." said Coyotes general manager Don Maloney. He added "It comes to a point in the season where you just hear to many of the same one liners, then you start wanting to slam your head into the wall because it's that bad."

Matt McConnell said this of his soon to be former team member, "He's a great guy, made me feel less dorky and made my jokes tolerable. I'm going to miss him but I look forward to working and learning from Biz."

After Tyson Nash said his final goodbyes and left the building, a small rumble could be heard from Gila River Arena. What sounded like cheers and joy to wish Tyson Nash the best on his next journey.

Last edited:

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Tyson Nash sent down to AHL affiliate, Portland Pirates, pending trade. The Arizona Coyotes intend to trade Nash for former Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette (Biz Nasty) so that he can be recalled to take Nashers place on the media team. "This deal is something we've always wanted, we know Paul would be a good fit for our broadcast team." said Coyotes general manager Don Maloney. He added "It comes to a point in the season where you just hear to many of the same one liners, then you start wanting to slam your head into the wall because it's that bad."

Matt McConnell said this of his soon to be former team member, "He's a great guy, made me feel less dorky and made my jokes tolerable. I'm going to miss him but I like forward to working and learning from Biz."

After Tyson Nash said his final goodbyes and left the building, a small rumble could be heard from Gila River Arena. What sounded like cheers and joy to wish Tyson Nash the best on his next journey.

:laugh:

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Always liked the guy. He stepped in for his teammates and was a fun dude. If we can offload Crombeen, I would love for him to come back as the 13th forward.

Agreed. Biz is much more physical, a better fighter, and is known as a locker room guy

Crombeen is kinda just....there.

MaddyB85

Dec 2, 2014
Central Florida

Matt McConnell said this of his soon to be former team member, "He's a great guy, made me feel less dorky and made my jokes tolerable. I'm going to miss him but I like forward to working and learning from Biz."

After Tyson Nash said his final goodbyes and left the building, a small rumble could be heard from Gila River Arena. and the surrounding communities What sounded like cheers and joy to wish Tyson Nash the best on his next journey.

And as my bf's husband would say at the end of an evening with everyone: 'Thank you, thank you ah yes.... Now get the F--K out!'.
If ONLY this lovely scenario could come true. Sparty's not bad, but Nash is Trash.I couldn't be a color commentator... I curse too much and have NO p.c. when it comes to opinions/feelings. I think the guy who handles the 7 second delay would definitely get his monies worth.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
And as my bf's husband would say at the end of an evening with everyone: 'Thank you, thank you ah yes.... Now get the F--K out!'.
If ONLY this lovely scenario could come true. Sparty's not bad, but Nash is Trash.I couldn't be a color commentator... I curse too much and have NO p.c. when it comes to opinions/feelings. I think the guy who handles the 7 second delay would definitely get his monies worth.

Your boyfriend's husband? Damn, dude, you get kray, kray.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The Cardiff fans would love that article, especially this bit:
...signed to play hockey across the pond in England.

..."or wherever" :laugh:

Your boyfriend's husband? Damn, dude, you get kray, kray.

Yeah, big double take there. ("I don't think 'bf' means what you think it means") Funny thing, she lists her location as Central Florida, where I'm from, and I'm thinking "Tuskawilla swingers club? What? :amazed:"

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Still think Biz missed his calling. He's got the look, he's got the athletic ability, he's got the personality: he'd be a great pro wrestler. No hockey goon gimmick needed--it's been done before, and I don't think Biz ever wanted to be a goon anyway. But he could get over as a likeable, meat-head babyface, or as a smartass jock heel. He even comes with his own nickname. Crowds would love him.

On the other hand, the AHL has an off-season. I can see the appeal there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad