BioWare's Anthem (PC/XB/PS)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I played it for the first time a few months ago. It should be one of the gold standards as far as RPGs go. Absolutely loved it.

Absolutely one of my favourites. I can't even tell you how many times I've played it over various platforms, but it's a lot. :laugh:

I heard the same (About Dragon Age 4 rumors), they did get some momentum back with DAI, but I don't think they'll ever touch their previous success unfortunately. Their peak was pretty much the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age Origins, anything before that was pretty much a build up, and anything after is the decline.

I sincerely hope we are wrong, but I'm forced to agree at this point.

....but what a friggin' peak it was!

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I sincerely hope we are wrong, but I'm forced to agree at this point.

....but what a friggin' peak it was!

Yea, the ME:Trilogy and DA:Origins was pretty much a span of 5 years (2007-2012). Add to that list the likes of Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim, and you have one of the best RPG periods out there.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Watched the trailer at the Game Awards, and I have to admit the story seems interesting. I'm still very pessimistic, but I'd love to be wrong.

Please be good Anthem!

Also, that tiny, vague Dragon Age trailer has me hyped. Screw you rational skepticism!

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Watched the trailer at the Game Awards, and I have to admit the story seems interesting. I'm still very pessimistic, but I'd love to be wrong.

Please be good Anthem!

Also, that tiny, vague Dragon Age trailer has me hyped. Screw you rational skepticism!

"So, you found me at last. I suspect you have questions."

Gave me goosebumps. So excited that it was actually for DA4 and not some mobile or card game. We're probably still looking at 2021 at the very earliest I'd guess though.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
"So, you found me at last. I suspect you have questions."

Gave me goosebumps. So excited that it was actually for DA4 and not some mobile or card game. We're probably still looking at 2021 at the very earliest I'd guess though.

If they did that and it ends up becoming a phone game, I'm going to flip out and destroy my own phone just out of spite. :laugh:

I really didn't think they'd do a direct sequel to Inquisition, but I don't know what else that could be.

You're probably right about 2021. That's a long time to be hyped up, but I'm ready.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Lots of people on ResetEra seem to be liking it a lot. Quite a few people said they weren't expecting much, but now can't wait until Feb.22, etc. It's under NDA though, so no one can say anything really.

Sep 19, 2008
Someone live streamed the alpha and lost access to all his Origin games :laugh:

So yeah, don't do it

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Someone live streamed the alpha and lost access to all his Origin games :laugh:

What a genius.

Lots of people on ResetEra seem to be liking it a lot. Quite a few people said they weren't expecting much, but now can't wait until Feb.22, etc. It's under NDA though, so no one can say anything really.

All I'm gonna say is that I was on the fence and am now likely to buy it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't want to break the NDA, but I see myself playing the hell out of this game. 100% in on this game. Seems like a game that will be a lot more fun with friends and this is not the type of game my friends play, so if you're planning on getting this add me on Origin. MattyMo3535

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Did they not grab resources and personnel from every other project to make sure this one worked?

After ME: Andromeda - Bioware really needs to hit one out of the park.

Sep 19, 2008
I tried playing on Saturday but it was just a few minutes after the 1st session ended. And I was out of the house all day Sunday so yeah, I didn't play a second of the closed alpha.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I tried playing on Saturday but it was just a few minutes after the 1st session ended. And I was out of the house all day Sunday so yeah, I didn't play a second of the closed alpha.
The first session didn't work at all for me on Saturday. The second session did so I played that and the first session Sunday morning. The offering was very limited(as is expected in an Alpha), but I'm excited to play more. Hopefully there's an open beta at some point so lots of people can get their hands on it.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
The first session didn't work at all for me on Saturday. The second session did so I played that and the first session Sunday morning. The offering was very limited(as is expected in an Alpha), but I'm excited to play more. Hopefully there's an open beta at some point so lots of people can get their hands on it.

There's going to be a demo/open beta in early February (and a few days before in late January for those who pre-ordered the game).

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Lets hope they fix the flying controls on keyboard and mouse. I'm probably breaking the NDA but it was pretty atrocious. I shouldn't have to plug in a controller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad