GDT: Bingo vs Crackchester|January 16th, 2013|7:05 pm w/ stream

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
It is hard to assess DD's offensive potential unless you are watching every game. Like I said, he is inconsistent and doesn't show his offensive abilities every game. Aside from that, a lot of fans need to remember that this first half of the season has had a lot more talent in the AHL than any regular year. It can be hard to score in the AHL when you are taking shots on NHL calibre goalies and having NHL calibre defensemen defending against you.

Because the NHL doesn't have NHL quality goalies and defenceman. If he's having issues in the A he's going to have bigger issues in the NHL obviously.

General Granny*

Because the NHL doesn't have NHL quality goalies and defenceman. If he's having issues in the A he's going to have bigger issues in the NHL obviously.

lol basically.

As for the lines I would keep the top line as is.

Hoffman- Grant- Prince
Cowick- Pageau- Jessiman
Schneider- Cannone- Downing
DD

Berserker*

All I was getting at is that it takes time to adjust to playing against higher quality players. Also his lines primary role was shutting down to top lines of other teams so it is to be expected that he, along with Stone and Grant, would have lower stats then if being placed in a more offensive role. Having watched Bingo every game this year and that line attentively I can tell you that they created a ton of offensive chances nearly every time they got the puck. And it wasn't just Stone and Grant, DD created a ton of good scoring chances himself, he really is a good set up guy when he's on his game. Their biggest problem was that they ere all a bit snake bitten; they would create a handful of high quality scoring chances every game but they were having a hard time turning those chances into points.

I guess it is a bit futile to get into an argument here because the vast majority of fans on this forum only use highlights and the score sheet for their scouting report.

General Granny*

Or if you have been reading this thread you will notice that most of us have been watching the Bingo games and have come to the conclusion that DD is not having a good season, there are players that don't show up on the score sheet every day that have been more effective than him.

Just because your favorite player is playing like **** doesn't mean that everyone else is only using score sheet and highlights to make their opinions, if anyone here has a cloud judgment its you that can't see how poor he has been because he's been your favorite player.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Being a top six pick I would assume that they want to try and maximize his potential.

Also Breaking Bad is a ****ing awesome show, have they started airing the second half of season 5 yet?

The 2nd part of season 5 will air this summer (most likely July).

I visited the set of Breaking Bad earlier this year and I was so tempted to place an Ottawa Senators sticker in Walt Jr.'s room.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
DD has 13 pts in 36 games, what is wrong with that for a 3rd liner? Luke couldn't say enough good things about him & his line at the beginning of the yr. His job is to stop the other team's top lines & IMO he does that very effectively, if he also happens to pick up pts that's a bonus. He has good size, is tough & very good defensively & occassionally contributes offensively. It would be great if he scored a lot more but then he wouldn't be on the 3rd line. Is Zibane doing any better scoring than DD?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
DD has 13 pts in 36 games, what is wrong with that for a 3rd liner? Luke couldn't say enough good things about him & his line at the beginning of the yr. His job is to stop the other team's top lines & IMO he does that very effectively, if he also happens to pick up pts that's a bonus. He has good size, is tough & very good defensively & occassionally contributes offensively. It would be great if he scored a lot more but then he wouldn't be on the 3rd line. Is Zibane doing any better scoring than DD?

That scoring pace is in the AHL, which is an indicator of a player's skill level.

Look at the AHL scoring of some of our current bottom 6 players.

Greening - 40 points in 59 games
Z. Smith - 41 points in 68 games
Condra - 47 points in 55 games
Regin - 47 points in 56 games
O'Brien - 56 points in 74 points
Daugavins - 54 points in 73 games
Dziurzynski - 26 points in 70 games (this year's pace)

One of these is out of place. I've highlighted it to make it easier to see. The guy's puck skills are not at NHL level right now.

Drooling over every player who is more than 6'2 won't make them better hockey players. DD needs to get better or he's never gonna be an everyday player in the NHL no matter how much you "like" how he's big and tough and muscular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad