GDT: Bingo vs Crackchester|January 16th, 2013|7:05 pm w/ stream

Berserker*

Not yet. Aaron Paul just tweeted a few weeks ago that he had just gotten the first script in the mail.

So far from what I've seen in season 5, I liked season 4 better. It will be interesting to see what they do with the second half of the season.

SensForLife11

Apr 28, 2010
Ottawa
Henceforth, when Da Costa does this goal celly, we must refer to it as "The Eiffel Tower"

tumblr_mgr4ye9urL1rsnoqso1_250.gif

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Corey Cowick and Derek Grant could be 2/3's of our 4th line sometime in the future. Though they are going to be in tough considering how many players we have just like them.

Also cant wait for Breaking Bad. Though its gotten a little stale this past season, the end of the show should be intense. Only 6 more months!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Henceforth, when Da Costa does this goal celly, we must refer to it as "The Eiffel Tower"

tumblr_mgr4ye9urL1rsnoqso1_250.gif

Haha, I love it. Wherever you are immediately after scoring the goal, just stop dead in your tracks and lift your arms, and let your teammates come to you to celebrate.

I'd love for that to become his "Mike Foligno"-style trademark celebration.

General Granny*

I said at the start of the year that we should give him a couple years in Bingo, now I think we need to give him a couple years.

Extremely raw player still. Got the tools to be a player, needs time to refine his game.

Agreed 100%.

He should follow the development cycle of a Ryan and Kessler, they seem to have a similar skill set and style, and they took their time developing until they were 22/23 years old. Not too mention Zib has had 2 major concessions in the past 2 seasons that have really limited him.

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
Just wondering if there is any chance Da Costa gets a chance to play for the big club this year? He seems to be doing well in Bingo so is his size really that big of a factor to not let him have a chance with the big club?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Final stats...

Rochester Americans 1 at Binghamton Senators 5
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena

Rochester 1 0 0 - 1
Binghamton 2 3 0 - 5

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Cowick 5 (Pageau), 7:32 (SH). 2, Rochester, Adam 9 (Crawford, McNabb), 14:50 (PP). 3, Binghamton, Cowick 6 (Jessiman, Pageau), 18:21. Penalties-Da Costa Bng (tripping), 6:32; Jessiman Bng (roughing), 12:52.

2nd Period-4, Binghamton, Da Costa 7 (Pageau, Cowick), 9:13. 5, Binghamton, Downing 1 (Dziurzynski, New), 11:51. 6, Binghamton, Da Costa 8 (Stone, Zibanejad), 14:33. Penalties-Da Costa Bng (tripping), 7:02.

3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Roy Rch (roughing), 4:01; Blood Bng (unsportsmanlike conduct), 4:01; Cowick Bng (delay of game), 11:25; Dziurzynski Bng (boarding), 16:11; Tarnasky Rch (slashing), 16:15.

Shots on Goal-
Rochester 13-13-10-36.
Binghamton 14-17-7-38.

Power Play Opportunities-
Rochester 1 / 5;
Binghamton 0 / 1.

Goalies-Rochester, Leggio 18-12-1 (38 shots-33 saves). Binghamton, Lawson 2-1-0 (36 shots-35 saves).

Three Stars:
1. BNG - C. Cowick
2. BNG - S. Da Costa
3. BNG - N. Lawson

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Just wondering if there is any chance Da Costa gets a chance to play for the big club this year? He seems to be doing well in Bingo so is his size really that big of a factor to not let him have a chance with the big club?

The Turris trade has made if very difficult for him to make the big club in his natural role. I could see him being a significant trade piece down the road. If he doesn't get a shot soon, it's going to make his RFA contract discussion very interesting this summer.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The Turris trade has made if very difficult for him to make the big club in his natural role. I could see him being a significant trade piece down the road. If he doesn't get a shot soon, it's going to make his RFA contract discussion very interesting this summer.

yeah the only way he makes it this year if there is injury to either turris or spezza. or he gets moved to the wing (which i think should happen)

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Being a top six pick I would assume that they want to try and maximize his potential.

Also Breaking Bad is a ****ing awesome show, have they started airing the second half of season 5 yet?

Power forwards tend to take longer to develop, so I guess it depends on if they're contempt in letting him top out as a 2nd/3rd line tweener or let him try and develop his puck skills more and hopefully be a great top 6 player

EDIT: tweener, not tweeker. Too much Breaking Bad lately.

Not yet. Aaron Paul just tweeted a few weeks ago that he had just gotten the first script in the mail.

So far from what I've seen in season 5, I liked season 4 better. It will be interesting to see what they do with the second half of the season.

I think we should get Heisenberg on this squad as an assistant coach.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I think DaCostas grit makes him perfect for the third line.

If we go three scoring lines

Spezza
Turris
DaCosta
Smith

Move Regin and JOB to the wings

Berserker*

Now having watched the game, that wasn't Dziurzynski's strongest game. The biggest thing he has to work on at this point is consistency. Some games he is really fast out there, skating hard and showing strong offensive potential, making high quality passes, reading the play well and stick handling through multiple defendors to get a shot off. When he plays like this, he shows the potential to be another Curtiss Glencross or showing similar ability to that of Colin Greening. Other games he is very physical making big hits, getting involved in scrums and fights. When he plays like this he shows the potential to be another Chris Neil. Then other games he just looks very mediocre; he looks a bit sluggish with his skating, he is fumbling or over skating the puck and not really engaged physically. When he plays like this, I can see why many fans may question his NHL upside.

As Tim Murray said at the start of the year when they signed Dzurzynski he was a very raw player. In his first year in Binghamton they felt that he could use some time in the ECHL but they kept him around. Then he started to develop and refine his game to the point this season where he looks like he has a decent shot of becoming an NHL player. As long as he becomes more consistent with his play he could be an NHL player as soon as next season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Now having watched the game, that wasn't Dziurzynski's strongest game. The biggest thing he has to work on at this point is consistency. Some games he is really fast out there, skating hard and showing strong offensive potential, making high quality passes, reading the play well and stick handling through multiple defendors to get a shot off. When he plays like this, he shows the potential to be another Curtiss Glencross or showing similar ability to that of Colin Greening. Other games he is very physical making big hits, getting involved in scrums and fights. When he plays like this he shows the potential to be another Chris Neil. Then other games he just looks very mediocre; he looks a bit sluggish with his skating, he is fumbling or over skating the puck and not really engaged physically. When he plays like this, I can see why many fans may question his NHL upside.

As Tim Murray said at the start of the year when they signed Dzurzynski he was a very raw player. In his first year in Binghamton they felt that he could use some time in the ECHL but they kept him around. Then he started to develop and refine his game to the point this season where he looks like he has a decent shot of becoming an NHL player. As long as he becomes more consistent with his play he could be an NHL player as soon as next season.

Please, stop misinforming the people. I'm not even saying this as a person who's out to get you or DD. He has had his fair share of good looks but no where to the extent you're making him out to be. There hasn't even been a single game where I've said, DD was our best player tonight in the AHL so far; with a lot of depth and unsung heroes, that should mean something of his play on this team's depth chart.

I do agree he is still very raw and if there is one thing you advocate towards his play that is accurate, it's his physical ability. He is like a pest out there who can throw his body around but dear God, calling him inconsistent is an understatement. Glencross potential? Looooooooooooooooooool. 50 points in the league? If he gets called up to play on the fourth line, I think he can pack it in and call his career a success.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
DD is my biggest disappointment this far in the season out of all prospects that have been in Bingo this long as he has..

I dunno, his line w/Grant and Stone has been terrific early on but has fizzled out lately and DD seems to have been stuck on cruise control

General Granny*

I just don't see any type of offensive skills in game for him to play in the NHL, even guys like Condra, Daugavins, Greening, O'Brien put up points at the AHL level and they are bottom 6 guys in the NHL level.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Dziurzynski is in the midst of a 33 game goalless streak - both of his goals came in the second game of the year.

I don't care what your role is, that is brutal.

Berserker*

DD is my biggest disappointment this far in the season out of all prospects that have been in Bingo this long as he has..

I dunno, his line w/Grant and Stone has been terrific early on but has fizzled out lately and DD seems to have been stuck on cruise control

Richardson should probably break them up, I think it could be good for both of them to gets some ice time with some other players.

Berserker*

I just don't see any type of offensive skills in game for him to play in the NHL, even guys like Condra, Daugavins, Greening, O'Brien put up points at the AHL level and they are bottom 6 guys in the NHL level.

It is hard to assess DD's offensive potential unless you are watching every game. Like I said, he is inconsistent and doesn't show his offensive abilities every game. Aside from that, a lot of fans need to remember that this first half of the season has had a lot more talent in the AHL than any regular year. It can be hard to score in the AHL when you are taking shots on NHL calibre goalies and having NHL calibre defensemen defending against you.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Richardson should probably break them up, I think it could be good for both of them to gets some ice time with some other players.

He did, somewhat..insert Downing for Stone, who moved 'up' to the 4th line w/ Da 'Eiffel Tower' Costa and Zibby..

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
It is hard to assess DD's offensive potential unless you are watching every game. Like I said, he is inconsistent and doesn't show his offensive abilities every game. Aside from that, a lot of fans need to remember that this first half of the season has had a lot more talent in the AHL than any regular year. It can be hard to score in the AHL when you are taking shots on NHL calibre goalies and having NHL calibre defensemen defending against you.

That goes w/o saying, it effected ALL teams in the A..every team faced the same exact adversaries during that lock-out..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad