GDT: Bingo vs Crackchester|January 16th, 2013|7:05 pm w/ stream

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Would it be fair to say that Dziurzynski had a big impact on the game?

Heh.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Hows Zibanejad looking since he came back.

Not great, to be perfectly honest.

Defensively, it's really hard to ask for more. Backchecks hard, is very fast and physical. Offensively, he's been lacking. He's starting to find the seams but not great positionally and plays almost too safe. All the tools are there, but he can't put it all together yet.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Sounds like the farm is bare, need to blow up the NHL team again to restock the cupboard, can't believe this lack of depth, insert another sarcastic quip here, and so on and so forth.

and they add 3 first round picks next year (unless one of ceci, noesen, or puempel go straight to the NHL)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Not great, to be perfectly honest.

Defensively, it's really hard to ask for more. Backchecks hard, is very fast and physical. Offensively, he's been lacking. He's starting to find the seams but not great positionally and plays almost too safe. All the tools are there, but he can't put it all together yet.

Well I'm ok as long as he gets better over time I mean 3 concussions in the past year. It's probably hard to have a fast turn around.

Berserker*

3 apples for Pageau so far. He got buried with all the Bingo depth and he's relishing the extra ice time and responsibility.

We talk so much about DD being a good energy player down the road but Cowick is just as good and suited for the role with more offensive upside.

I didn't see the game tonight, but from what I have seen this season DD and Cowick are different kinds of player. They have different sets of offensive skills, DD is a better passer and set up man while Cowick is a better goal scorer. Cowick is more of an energy guy than a physical player; he can make big hits but he isn't consistently physical. DD is a noticeable physical presence nearly every game. DD is better defensively (as indicated by being on the first pk unit and getting more 5-on3 time than Cowick). On top of that DD is the better fighter.

John Holmes*

He had a long time off, and he's only just getting back to action. Let's give the kid a bit of time to get his legs.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Sounds like the farm is bare, need to blow up the NHL team again to restock the cupboard, can't believe this lack of depth, insert another sarcastic quip here, and so on and so forth.

Eugene_Melnyk-450x350.jpg

Get a bomb and blow yourself up!!

:sarcasm:

WhiteLight*

I was down on Gryba, but... he's a beast.

NHL player Eric Gryba. Coming soon to a 3rd pair near you.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He did look much better tonight. He had a rough start to the year but has consistently been getting more confident and physical.

Wideman's been pretty solid as well. Moving the puck and getting up the ice to create some offense and not getting caught out of position too often as a result. He's been the most improved player so far besides Silfverberg imo.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Gryba and Cowick playing their best hockey, ever..Zibby just rusty, Lawson held his own but Rochester was pretty awful..pretty goal by Downing

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
He had a long time off, and he's only just getting back to action. Let's give the kid a bit of time to get his legs.

nice to see some reason regarding Zib. He did not look too bad tonight. Has a hell of a shot and definitely played a part in DaCosta's second goal.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
That Downing was nice.

I'm glad to see Bingo still playing well without a few of their key players.

Berserker*

I wonder if Zibanejad will develop enough this season to take on a full time NHL spot next season, or whether he will need a few more years of development in the AHL.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Power forwards tend to take longer to develop, so I guess it depends on if they're contempt in letting him top out as a 2nd/3rd line tweener or let him try and develop his puck skills more and hopefully be a great top 6 player

EDIT: tweener, not tweeker. Too much Breaking Bad lately.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I wonder if Zibanejad will develop enough this season to take on a full time NHL spot next season, or whether he will need a few more years of development in the AHL.

I said at the start of the year that we should give him a couple years in Bingo, now I think we need to give him a couple years.

Extremely raw player still. Got the tools to be a player, needs time to refine his game.

Berserker*

Power forwards tend to take longer to develop, so I guess it depends on if they're contempt in letting him top out as a 2nd/3rd line tweener or let him try and develop his puck skills more and hopefully be a great top 6 player

EDIT: tweener, not tweeker. Too much Breaking Bad lately.

Being a top six pick I would assume that they want to try and maximize his potential.

Also Breaking Bad is a ****ing awesome show, have they started airing the second half of season 5 yet?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Being a top six pick I would assume that they want to try and maximize his potential.

Also Breaking Bad is a ****ing awesome show, have they started airing the second half of season 5 yet?

Not yet. Aaron Paul just tweeted a few weeks ago that he had just gotten the first script in the mail.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
wonder if Cowick will ever make something of himself

He's already made it farther then I ever expected when I watched him play for Oshawa.

He grew a few inches from his early yrs..I saw him in camp and was floored how big he got..KK loved the guy and we didn't see it but now I do..

Cory has been a real pleasant surprise, just inject some confidence and see what happens, and credit that to Luke

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
DA****INGCOSTA

This guy is brilliant. No matter who his linemates are he always performs. Those 2 goals are nothing. He always seems to be the one to receive the pass from the defender, pass it forward then get open to receive it back again and create a scoring chance for himself or teammates.

We talk so much about DD being a good energy player down the road but Cowick is just as good and suited for the role with more offensive upside.

We really don't. It's just the guy below this post and Bruiser. Cowick has been way better than DD this year.

Really liked the play of Gryba, Grant & Dzuirzynski tonight. On one shift Grant & DD on the PK kept Rochester penned in there end for an entire shift. I hope Gryba gets a few games in Ottawa this yr, he plays a good safe defensive game with a good shot from the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->