Bingo v Adirondack

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
this is where you're going to run into some arguments. people that consistently watch the bingo games feel that he has a good chance of being a top six'er.

personally, i think hoffman will be an nhl'er some day, i just doubt it'll be with us (or at least he'll play a bit here then end up moving on). i think hoffman is a looooooooooong shot first liner, unlikely top second liner (michalek production), and a very safe offensive third liner/tweener/guy that fits onto the second line and you don't mind there (40 + points).

he's talented in my opinion

Bang on.

To say DaCosta doesn't has top 6 potential is to speak ignorantly of him.

WhiteLight*

this is where you're going to run into some arguments. people that consistently watch the bingo games feel that he has a good chance of being a top six'er.

personally, i think hoffman will be an nhl'er some day, i just doubt it'll be with us (or at least he'll play a bit here then end up moving on). i think hoffman is a looooooooooong shot first liner, unlikely top second liner (michalek production), and a very safe offensive third liner/tweener/guy that fits onto the second line and you don't mind there (40 + points).

he's talented in my opinion

I see him be a 25-35 point guy in the NHL, and like you said not with the Sens. 3rd line LW on a mediocre team

WhiteLight*

Bang on.

To say DaCosta doesn't has top 6 potential is to speak ignorantly of him.

That's not what I meant about Da Costa. DC has that potential, but is certainly not a sure thing (few players are). DC still isn't PPG in the AHL at 23 years old. His time is starting to run out, but it's still possible. Hoffman I feel has even less of a chance of being a top 6 than DC, that was my point

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Very very few players players who produce as little as Hoffman at that age ever go on to become top 6 forward. And those that do are of the power forward variety.

I've seen Hoffman... there's some skill there. But if can't use it to produce, then he has a limited NHL future.

BS....Two words for you: David Desharnais

Hoffman is bigger and faster with a better shot. Unless you give a player a shot, you just never know. :shakehead

WhiteLight*

BS....Two words for you: David Desharnais

Hoffman is bigger and faster with a better shot. Unless you give a player a shot, you just never know. :shakehead

At Hoffman's age, Desharnais already had a 58 point season in the AHL under his belt, and was putting up a 78 points in 60 games season.

Hoffman's production is nowhere near comparable.

And is Desharnais really a sure fire top 6 forward? He only has only good NHL season.

Chances are Hoffman will be (much) worse than Desharnais.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I can't remember, but it was either Dorian or Tim Murray in an interview on the team right after Hoffmans injury, stated that they were dissapointed he was injured because he would have been called up with the rash of injuries in Ottawa, and that they see him as a future top 6 player for the Sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad