Bingo v Adirondack

WhiteLight*

Say what? Those were three very tough goals to stop. He is perfectly fine.

He was stopping those in previous games. Also gave up some questionable rebounds (Ennis goal for example). Came off his post too much on the Leopold goal. Slow getting across on the Pominville goal.

He wasn't terrible, just looked slower than usual. His play wasn't up to snuff compared to other games. Could use a game off that's all.

Quit being so defensive. If you think that's elite goaltending, you need to get your eyes checked yah huh

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He was stopping those in previous games. Also gave up some questionable rebounds (Ennis goal for example). Came off his post too much on the Leopold goal. Slow getting across on the Pominville goal.

He wasn't terrible, just looked slower than usual. His play wasn't up to snuff compared to other games. Could use a game off that's all.

Quit being so defensive. If you think that's elite goaltending, you need to get your eyes checked yah huh

It is elite goaltending buddy. He has the best stats in the league. And even elite goalies will have a less than perfect game once in a while. Tired or not.

WhiteLight*

It is elite goaltending buddy. He has the best stats in the league. And even elite goalies will have a less than perfect game once in a while. Tired or not.

''Aveugle'' indeed

The Buffalo game was not elite. He looked sluggish out there. It won't hurt to give Lehner a game, whats your prob?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Hopefully Bishop to Flames with a C coming back (Backlund or Rheinhart, Jankowski)

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
How about using your backup and stop rushing the kid. Play Bishop.

The Binghamton fans speak, leave Lehner be. :laugh:

Kidding aside, Lehner shouldn't be brought up to play just to rest Anderson that is Bishop's role.

If the Sens believe Bishop can't do the job, then they need to make whatever changes are necessary to correct the situation.

IMO Bishop can do the job, however if MacLean doesn't give him a start soon the next outing may be even worse than his first.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
''Aveugle'' indeed

The Buffalo game was not elite. He looked sluggish out there. It won't hurt to give Lehner a game, whats your prob?

Having an off game doesn't mean he needs a rest (and I don't know it was an off game - wasn't much defensive help there).

Plus as another poster noted - Lehner isn't the one who should come in as a back-up right now - we have Bishop up here for that.

Lehner is the future of this team, no doubt about that BUT another year in the A is not going to kill him...he is going to have lots of time to back-up next year as Andy will still be the starter. In fact, if Andy can possibly keep up this insane play he will make it very hard for Lehner to get the net at all over the next 2 seasons and Murray is going to have to think long and hard about how to handle the situation and make sure he gets a good return somehow if one of them goes to another team.

Wish I knew that Bingo was playing last night...damn but happy they won again.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
LOL. Rushing

.948 save %

He's not ready!!!!!

I never said he wasn't ready. Don't put words in my mouth. He's 21, you have time. It's a shortened season, Anderson is playing lights out, the Sens are winning without him. You have a serviceable backup in Bishop sitting on the pine already. Don't be stupid and trade away your most valuable asset, goaltending. Bishop's contract is up end of season, he disappears next year, Lehner assumes a 1A/1B role with Anderson. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Hopefully Bishop to Flames with a C coming back (Backlund or Rheinhart, Jankowski)

Good luck with that...

The Binghamton fans speak, leave Lehner be. :laugh:

Kidding aside, Lehner shouldn't be brought up to play just to rest Anderson that is Bishop's role.

If the Sens believe Bishop can't do the job, then they need to make whatever changes are necessary to correct the situation.

IMO Bishop can do the job, however if MacLean doesn't give him a start soon the next outing may be even worse than his first.

Let's be clear, Binghamton is the farm club, I want to see our players succeed and move to the next level. Injuries, call-ups, all part of watching a team at this level. I get it.

That said, I find it...irritating...when there is no good reason to bring a player up to the Big Club, simply because the fans think he's going to be the next coming of Christ.

I'll be the first to admit, Lehner is the real deal, kid is legit and he will have a long career in the NHL. That said, and I understand Ottawa's woes in the goalie dept over the past few years, I don't for the life of me get why some fans want instant gratification. After all the goalie issues, finally Murray makes a solid move and picks up Bishop last year at the deadline. Provides strength in a crucial area, gives Lehner time to relax and develop slowly into an elite #1, and now everyone wants to rush and trade Bishop.

Just chill out and enjoy what is coming in the future.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Say what? Those were three very tough goals to stop. He is perfectly fine.

The third goal was definitely tough, the first two not so much.

He gave up a huge rebound on a shot from above the circle on the first one, on the second goal Andy was cheating and got caught.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

''Aveugle'' indeed

LOL. Rushing

.948 save %

He's not ready!!!!!

Wow reverse-trolling.

WhiteLight*

I never said he wasn't ready. Don't put words in my mouth. He's 21, you have time. It's a shortened season, Anderson is playing lights out, the Sens are winning without him. You have a serviceable backup in Bishop sitting on the pine already. Don't be stupid and trade away your most valuable asset, goaltending. Bishop's contract is up end of season, he disappears next year, Lehner assumes a 1A/1B role with Anderson. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Good luck with that...

Let's be clear, Binghamton is the farm club, I want to see our players succeed and move to the next level. Injuries, call-ups, all part of watching a team at this level. I get it.

That said, I find it...irritating...when there is no good reason to bring a player up to the Big Club, simply because the fans think he's going to be the next coming of Christ.

I'll be the first to admit, Lehner is the real deal, kid is legit and he will have a long career in the NHL. That said, and I understand Ottawa's woes in the goalie dept over the past few years, I don't for the life of me get why some fans want instant gratification. After all the goalie issues, finally Murray makes a solid move and picks up Bishop last year at the deadline. Provides strength in a crucial area, gives Lehner time to relax and develop slowly into an elite #1, and now everyone wants to rush and trade Bishop.

Just chill out and enjoy what is coming in the future.

Lehner is rotting away down there. Sorry. He'll be ruined if he stays there too long. If this is still the same situation next season, I'm going full rage mode.

Lehner is probably a top 15 goalie in the world right now.

If he's ready like you say he is, then he should be up in Ottawa. He doesn't have anything left to learn from Bingo. Nothing. It's wasting Lehner's time, forcing Ottawa to overplay Anderson, and occasionally makes Ottawa suffer through Bishop's bad goaltending.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Lehner is rotting away down there. Sorry. He'll be ruined if he stays there too long. If this is still the same situation next season, I'm going full rage mode.

Lehner is probably a top 15 goalie in the world right now.

If he's ready like you say he is, then he should be up in Ottawa. He doesn't have anything left to learn from Bingo. Nothing. It's wasting Lehner's time, forcing Ottawa to overplay Anderson, and occasionally makes Ottawa suffer through Bishop's bad goaltending.

You can't be serious with this?

WhiteLight*

You can't be serious with this?

what do you disagree with specifically?

I prefer him around to half the starting goalies in the NHL, thus the top 15.

Do you honestly believe Lehner will benefit from more extended time in Bingo? Really?

WhiteLight*

So the answer is no^

You're just being selfish and want to keep the best player in franchise history as long as you can. Which is understandable, but don't call me out when I say I want him in Ottawa

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
You don't have enough to go on to say Lehner's a top 15 goalie in the world. And especially evaluating goalies, you don't know until they play at the highest level.

Would it be the most shocking thing if he were to step in and compare to the top goaltenders in the NHL? Not really. But there's nothing to go on at the moment aside from that he's proving a point that the AHL is an easy league for him. He pulled off an even more remarkable and unexpected feet at 19 winning that league and playoff MVP.

I wouldn't go around touting the world for him...but just the same, he's a guy I wouldn't hedge bets doubting him.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
what do you disagree with specifically?

I prefer him around to half the starting goalies in the NHL, thus the top 15.

Do you honestly believe Lehner will benefit from more extended time in Bingo? Really?

So the answer is no^

You're just being selfish and want to keep the best player in franchise history as long as you can. Which is understandable, but don't call me out when I say I want him in Ottawa

Working, sorry i didn't respond right away.

No, I am not being selfish. I've already said in this thread that I fully understand that we are farm team and that's part of being a fan. Will Lehner be in Ottawa next season, 95% probably that yes he will be. Will he get a call-up this season, i'd say it's better than 50% chance. That is not my problem.

I disagree with everything you've said. He is not "rotting away" down in Binghamton. Playing 60 games this season is not going to hurt his development. More importantly, playing and at a high level as he has been, huge save % and GAA stats, isn't going to lesson his game. If anything it will give him more confidence, granted, something he may not need as he's pretty cocky as it is.

Saying he has nothing left to learn is such a BS argument. In any sport, at any level, there is ALWAYS something to learn. If you think otherwise then you don't know what you are talking about. Lehner has shown vast signs of improving his maturity this year. Something he severely lacked in the Calder Cup run, the kid was 19, first time in North America, it was expected. It took him a few years to settle down and realize 'hey, this is the real deal'. What's wrong with letting him dominate the AHL for a season? How will that hurt him?

As for your ridiculous statement about the "best player in franchise history", I think you maybe should tone down the rhetoric on your end. That's like saying the next U.S. President is going to be the best one in history. You can't judge history until it actually happens there slick.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
You don't have enough to go on to say Lehner's a top 15 goalie in the world. And especially evaluating goalies, you don't know until they play at the highest level.

Would it be the most shocking thing if he were to step in and compare to the top goaltenders in the NHL? Not really. But there's nothing to go on at the moment aside from that he's proving a point that the AHL is an easy league for him. He pulled off an even more remarkable and unexpected feet at 19 winning that league and playoff MVP.

I wouldn't go around touting the world for him...but just the same, he's a guy I wouldn't hedge bets doubting him.

You see, this is where I get upset. Lehner may have won playoff MVP and the Calder Cup, but it wasn't his team. It was Barry Brust's team. Lehner played terrible all year and stepped up when the time was right. I really don't like people saying that he did all this stuff when was only 19 because he really didn't. He had a good playoffs, that's it. I know because I was there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad