Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
New season, new thread.

Last post from the 14-15 thread:

I hope you're right but lots of questions to be answered;

- Goaltending is raw with both Driedger and OC unproven at the pro level

- Defense is questionable depending on where Wideman ends up, whether making Ottawa or clearing waivers and how Wikstrand responds in his first season on NA ice

- The loss (at some given point) as both Prince and Puempel will see significant time for the big club

- How well will Dziurzynski bounce back from injury as the remaining tenured player from the 2011 championship team

- If Claesson doesn't get called up how will that effect his ice time for Bingo as the season drags on, as the same can be said about Wideman

- Will Lazar be sent down to work on making him a complete player?

I could go on and on for each player but there are a lot of questions on how well the BSens will be

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Lots of talent going to be on this roster. I can see a good adjustment period with all the new blood but this team reeling later on in the season.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Can someone more informed on the subject make 2 lists? One of the additions vs a list of the substractions

or it could in this form :

O'Dell replaced Camper

etc

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Aaron Johnson AHL deal ☺☻☺

According to @Fan960Steinberg, Aaron Johnson has signed an AHL contract with Stockton. #Flames

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Is there any information that indicates Dreidger will start in Bingo? Greenham was pretty darn good for Binghamton last year and led them in games (29 to 25 by Hammond) and had more than 2x the amount of wins that Hammond did (15 to 7). It seems likely (to me at least) that we start with Greenham/OConnor and let Dreidger come up and steal the job. By the end of the season I expect Dreidger to play close to the amount of games that Greenham did, with both finishing with about 20 starts, but I expect Greenham will get the bulk of his at the start and Dreidger will get the bulk of his at the end.

Unless, of course, there has been an indication otherwise.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Can someone more informed on the subject make 2 lists? One of the additions vs a list of the substractions

or it could in this form :

O'Dell replaced Camper

etc

Just off the top of my head:

Subtractions:
Johnson, D. Grant, A. Grant, New, Thompson, Mills, Gryba, Lehner, Legwand, Kramer, Culek, Bertuzzi, Camper

Additions:
Harpur, Lindberg, Paul, O'Connor, Ewanyk, Sortini, Wikstrand, Kostka, O`Dell, Carlisle

ECHL - Hobbs, Crawford, Rumble, Penny, Leveille, Zay, Lepine, Tuzzolino & maybe Dunn

Last edited:

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN
My notes from our weekly radio show say Scott Greenham, Alex Wideman, Nick Tuzzolino, and possibly Matt Zay. I've also heard Rutkowski and I expect to see Leveille (I'm thinking he was signed at our suggestion). Rumble's under contract to Eville, I expect to see him here rather than get signed in Bingo. Everyone mentions Lepine coming down but I'm not thinking so. He played in up most of last season and was resigned by Bingo. I bet he stays there. I'm thinking Danny Hobbs comes down as well but I'm not sure if I've been told that or just think that.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Just off the top of my head:

Subtractions:
Johnson, D. Grant, A. Grant, New, Thompson, Mills, Gryba, Lehner, Legwand, Kramer, Culek, Bertuzzi, Camper

Additions:
Harpur, Lindberg, Paul, O'Connor, Ewanyk, Sortini, Wikstrand, Kostka, O`Dell, Carlisle

ECHL - Hobbs, Crawford, Rumble, Penny, Leveille, Zay, Lepine, Tuzzolino & maybe Dunn
Crawford is not signed. He is 18.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
My notes from our weekly radio show say Scott Greenham, Alex Wideman, Nick Tuzzolino, and possibly Matt Zay. I've also heard Rutkowski and I expect to see Leveille (I'm thinking he was signed at our suggestion). Rumble's under contract to Eville, I expect to see him here rather than get signed in Bingo. Everyone mentions Lepine coming down but I'm not thinking so. He played in up most of last season and was resigned by Bingo. I bet he stays there. I'm thinking Danny Hobbs comes down as well but I'm not sure if I've been told that or just think that.

You might see Harpur as well, at least at the start if Chris Wideman clears..I agree Lepine will stick in Bingo

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
No Wikstrand.

Wideman's chances are getting better and better. Claesson has paid his dues and is the 1st call up I'd think.

Harpur to Binghamton. Chabot goes back to Junior - too bad there is not one exemption per year (per team) for a high end skill guy to play AHL instead of JrA. Chabot would be that guy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You might see Harpur as well, at least at the start if Chris Wideman clears..I agree Lepine will stick in Bingo

By all accounts Wideman & Prince are staying in Ottawa to start the yr anyway. I would disagree with you on Harpur especially with Wikstrand going back to Sweden I would think that Harpur being drafted by the Sens may have a better chance of playing & staying in Bingo. I would also disagree with Lepine given that Ottawa just signed Mark Fraser to also play in Bingo. I think because of that Lepine will likely be sent to Evansville. Should be interesting to see what happens though.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Darren Kramer in Moose camp ☺☻☺

Former Senator Darren Kramer is in the Manitoba Moose training camp on an AHL tryout............................

I liked him he gave you what he had (busted his rear) and even developed a scoring touch last season.....

He came a long way in 3 yrs...................

I wish we could have kept him but not in the cards..............

I wish him well with the Moose...................

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
By all accounts Wideman & Prince are staying in Ottawa to start the yr anyway. I would disagree with you on Harpur especially with Wikstrand going back to Sweden I would think that Harpur being drafted by the Sens may have a better chance of playing & staying in Bingo. I would also disagree with Lepine given that Ottawa just signed Mark Fraser to also play in Bingo. I think because of that Lepine will likely be sent to Evansville. Should be interesting to see what happens though.

Hard to assess player developments without actually seeing them play in person..

I'll be at Bingo's camp and we'll see what Harpur brings..as far as Lepine, he'll stick regardless of Fraser's PTO.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hard to assess player developments without actually seeing them play in person..

I'll be at Bingo's camp and we'll see what Harpur brings..as far as Lepine, he'll stick regardless of Fraser's PTO.

Looking forward to hearing your assessments from Bongo's camp. It's always fun to watch those things, enjoy.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Looking forward to hearing your assessments from Bongo's camp. It's always fun to watch those things, enjoy.

Like I mentioned earlier on twitter today, three things that caught my eye..

- Lindberg stood out

- Dunn was reprimanded halting on ice drills

- Driedger is going to be challenged with O'Connor bypassing him

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

- Lindberg stood out

Jeez, Dunn's gotta be careful. He's already got a reputation after how last season ended for him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

- Lindberg stood out

- not surprised about Dunn, I have him going to the ECHL.
- not surprised about Lindberg & think you will like Nick Paul too who I am hoping big things from him this yr in Bingo.
- not surprised about Dreidger, I think Greenham may pass him too.
- other guys to keep an eye on, Kostka seems like a good addition on defence, Harpur is a big guy & will be a project but may also bring some offence besides being a shutdown defenceman. Mark Fraser has NHL experience & I expect will be placed on waivers at some point to be sent to Bingo & Eric O'Dell has impressed up here during the preseason. Hope you guys have a great yr.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Grapefruit Binghamton @ Rochester no radio tonite ☺☻☺

Grady Whittenburg ‏@BSensRadio 7m7 minutes ago

First period in the books with Binghamton leading Rochester 2-0. Shots 12-10 Amerks. Goals by fellow rookies Harpur & Lindberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad