GDT: Binghamton Devils vs Colorado Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
CJ? Yeah, those were the good old days of HF. That dancing gif of her is HF Devils HOF worthy. But if she gave up on the team (which I don't know if actually happened), then we don't need her. I think life probably just happened for her.

I miss abo too.
She likely gave up on HF not the team. I've seen her on twitter still going to games. She named her daughter after Sergei Brylin after all.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You guys don’t remember their last few months? She became over the top negative and really hostile. I wasn’t even sure it was the same poster it was so night and day. Made DS look like captain postive thinking.

Maybe something was going on in her personal life or something because it did all feel abrupt.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
You guys don’t remember their last few months? She became over the top negative and really hostile. I wasn’t even sure it was the same poster it was so night and day. Made DS look like captain postive thinking.

Maybe something was going on in her personal life or something because it did all feel abrupt.

or maybe she's Cult of Hynes now

WOW imagine that one

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Healthy Cory is top 10
I had him as top 3-5 before the injuries/down season in 2016-2017.

Still had him in the top 10 (I'm not sure there is a top 10 though, there's more like a top 7-8 and then a lot of goalies that aren't much different from one another) after 16-17, as it was just one poor season to that point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we're blaming Cory for any losses lately (other than that Philly game where he wasn't good and allowed two poor goals and we lost 5-3) that's just not a good look.

Even Blackwood has lost a lot of games during this call up where he allowed 1 or 2 goals.

Before the 9 goal against game, he lost two games where he allowed 2 goals on 30+ shots and then lost another game where he allowed 1 goal on 30 shots.

Kinkaid lost a lot of games where he got lit up and let in soft goal after soft goal. Especially in his handful of starts here. He was the goat in that Rangers game and that Pens game and almost lost us the Minnesota game that Cory broke his streak on.

And yeah, I'm still beating that dead horse because this guy has a weirder following than Marshall Applewhite and the Heaven's Gate cult. He's the most mediocre player with such a loyal and cult following that we've had since Vitaly Vishnevsky. He's still tied for fourth in the league in my softy count and hasn't even played a game in almost 4 weeks. Probably because he's not as good as his cult following would have you believe.

Reactions: Dialamo

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I had him as top 3-5 before the injuries/down season in 2016-2017.

Still had him in the top 10 (I'm not sure there is a top 10 though, there's more like a top 7-8 and then a lot of goalies that aren't much different from one another) after 16-17, as it was just one poor season to that point.
Honestly, there's isn't lots of good goaltender in this league and a lot of them are vastly overrated

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If we're blaming Cory for any losses lately (other than that Philly game where he wasn't good and allowed two poor goals and we lost 5-3) that's just not a good look.

Even Blackwood has lost a lot of games during this call up where he allowed 1 or 2 goals.

Before the 9 goal against game, he lost two games where he allowed 2 goals on 30+ shots and then lost another game where he allowed 1 goal on 30 shots.

Kinkaid lost a lot of games where he got lit up and let in soft goal after soft goal. Especially in his handful of starts here. He was the goat in that Rangers game and that Pens game and almost lost us the Minnesota game that Cory broke his streak on.

And yeah, I'm still beating that dead horse because this guy has a weirder following than Marshall Applewhite and the Heaven's Gate cult. He's the most mediocre player with such a loyal and cult following that we've had since Vitaly Vishnevsky. He's still tied for fourth in the league in my softy count and hasn't even played a game in almost 4 weeks. Probably because he's not as good as his cult following would have you believe.
:deadhorse

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, there's isn't lots of good goaltender in this league and a lot of them are vastly overrated
I mostly agree with you.

Lundqvist used to be the most consistent, but he's 37 in decline now, although he isn't terrible, but he's modestly declining.

Luongo is almost 40 and gets injured every year now. He might be able to be a decent backup for a year after this, but I think he may be ready to hang them up.

Bobrovsky is good, but having a down season in a contract year and while he's been healthy lately, he's had some injury troubles over the years.

Holtby's last two years aren't as good as his several years before that. He even lost his starting job last year to Grubauer during parts of the season and to start the playoffs.

Price had a few really good seasons, then was awful last year. Has bounced back a bit and last year just looks like a down season, but I don't think he's as good as he was for those years between 2013 and 2017 and he probably won't get back to that level. At least not consistently from year to year.

Fleury is good, but he's one of those rare guys that's been better in his 30's than he was in his 20's. He was average at best in his 20's, outside of winning one cup.

Rask isn't that good anymore. He's really no better than your average starting goalie.

Crawford was really good, but too many concussions and vertigo in the last year. His days of being good might be behind him.

Quick has been pretty consistent, but has been a trainwreck this year and looks about ready for the bone yard if this isn't just a one-off isolated down year like Price had last season.

Rinne is good, but had some poor seasons and was living off past reputation when he was having them. He experienced a resurgence, but he'll be 37 early next season.

Murray is good, but not as good as reputation due to winning ''Two Stanley Cups as a rookie''.

Jones might be one of the worst starters in the league. He's been no better than average since his second season with the Sharks and has been a colossal failure this year and has an .899% playing on what's probably the second best team in the league.

Vasilevskiy is pretty good, Andersen is pretty good and is a real workhorse. John Gibson might be the best in the league (he's been good for longer than Vasilevskiy has), but he gets injured too much for such a young guy.

Hellebuyck has potential, but he's a guy that's a bit overrated.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Lundqvist used to be the most consistent, but he's 37 in decline now, although he isn't terrible, but he's modestly declining.
Funny. I always thought Lundqvist was super streaky, which made the Rags super streaky. Maybe it was the other way around?

-edit-
Oh, I just realized you meant year over year.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Funny. I always thought Lundqvist was super streaky, which made the Rags super streaky. Maybe it was the other way around?

-edit-
Oh, I just realized you meant year over year.
Yeah, year to year.

I remember pointing out a few years ago that Henrik Lundqvist and Cory Schneider were the only two goalies in the NHL that had at least a .920% save percentage every year in the decade, up until 2016-2017. I'm not counting 09-10 for Cory, when he had a .915% in 1 start in 2 games played in the NHL.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I think she was as much set off getting defensive over people calling her out on the negativity as anything else. But yes it is a shame we seem to be a bit gender lopsided atm. I haven't talked to cj in a while but did see her from afar at a game recently so yeah it's probably just not as much time for HF since having kid(s). There was another good female poster a way back, Devilsfan38 or something like that?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think she was as much set off getting defensive over people calling her out on the negativity as anything else. But yes it is a shame we seem to be a bit gender lopsided atm. I haven't talked to cj in a while but did see her from afar at a game recently so yeah it's probably just not as much time for HF since having kid(s). There was another good female poster a way back, Devilsfan38 or something like that?
ManilaNJ is a female poster who comes to mind. Always enjoyed engaging with her. She seems to come and go at times. One year we didn't see her for much of the season and then she came back after the season had ended (a non-playoff year for us) during the playoffs.

She was last seen on November 23rd and was pretty active posting through the month of October, but her last post before that was in May of 2016. So I'm sure she'll drop in at some point again. She goes away for long periods, but she always comes back, sometimes almost 2.5 years later haha.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Wait CJ and ForeverJerseyGirl were the same person?

I feel like Ace Ventura when he figured out Finkle was Einhorn except for the whole different gender thing. Haha.

I remember going down to Nashville years ago and she and her dad were there too. It was with a group of Devils fans and we made it on TV before the game and went to bar after it. Fun times. Same trip where I met Brodeur and Kovalchuk on the street outside a bar the night before. Anyone else here go on that trip? I don’t remember anyone else except her and her dad. Terrible memory.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do enjoy DD and do miss seeing him around here, but after the Flyers winning tonight, he'd really be forcing the meme that they'll be in the playoffs and maybe even the Panthers still, since the Panthers are once again on a Stanley Cup caliber path at collecting points in garbage time. Although I'm pretty sure they're further out now than they were with less than 3 weeks left last season and a lot of their points lately have come from OT losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad