Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I could see them freefall and not make the playoffs.

This is a bad hockey club.

No puck possession, always a struggle to get out of their own zone.

Appleby just let in a softy.

Getting manhandled by Binghamton tonight.

Our organization is in realty bad shape.

Really?

This team is in the midst of a virus that is basically affecting the entire team. Let's wait till after this passes to make any judgements like this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Losing a couple of AHL games means we're in really bad shape? Sometimes you really need to count to ten before posting.

It would be nice if Albany made the playoffs (and they're still in VERY good position to do so) but ultimately the most important thing about the AHL team is getting production from the actual prospects, which so far they've had.

And btw losing Blandisi couldn't have helped Albany this weekend either.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
It's not only the illness, it's the fact that this game is a 3rd game in 3 nights. We know NHL teams do worse playing back-to-back - I imagine it's even worse for teams playing 3 in 3 nights.

MikeF

Feb 27, 2002
Troy NY
Visit site
It's not only the illness, it's the fact that this game is a 3rd game in 3 nights. We know NHL teams do worse playing back-to-back - I imagine it's even worse for teams playing 3 in 3 nights.

Plus Binghamton was off Thursday and home yesterday, so they were playing back to back and not 3 in 3.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Outshot the B-sens 35-22 overall, and outshot them in every period. Are we sure this wasnt more a case of some bad goaltending?

Lappin seems to be getting back to the Lappin of last year 8 sog's, plus a helper.

I'd be shocked if this team doesn't make the playoffs. They currently sit tied for 6th, one point behind the 5th place team. The 9th place team is 10 points back.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Outshot the B-sens 35-22 overall, and outshot them in every period. Are we sure this wasnt more a case of some bad goaltending?

Lappin seems to be getting back to the Lappin of last year 8 sog's, plus a helper.

I'd be shocked if this team doesn't make the playoffs. They currently sit tied for 6th, one point behind the 5th place team. The 9th place team is 10 points back.

Issue for Albany may be if the Devils are able/decide to sell lots of veterans and Devils call up a few key Albany guys for cups of coffee. It could make the end of season roster kind of rough for Albany.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Issue for Albany may be if the Devils are able/decide to sell lots of veterans and Devils call up a few key Albany guys for cups of coffee. It could make the end of season roster kind of rough for Albany.

Maybe, but end of the season in the AHL can be funny. Additions of college and jr players, some who were draftees, some who are UFA's can change the landscape dramatically. Happened last year, with Lappin, Zacha, even Severson.

The big Devils could also still be buyers.:nod:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yes Albany misses Stollery, Pietila, Auvitu, Straka, Kuja, Blandisi and even Helgeson.

But they don't have a top line center nor a top PMD.

Wedgewood being out for the season is the biggest loss.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Maybe, but end of the season in the AHL can be funny. Additions of college and jr players, some who were draftees, some who are UFA's can change the landscape dramatically. Happened last year, with Lappin, Zacha, even Severson.

The big Devils could also still be buyers.:nod:

I believe the Devils cannot send Zacha down to the AHL until Sarnia's season ends.

Don't quote me on that, but I'm almost positive that's the case.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I believe the Devils cannot send Zacha down to the AHL until Sarnia's season ends.

That would make sense. Last year after one round he still got in the mix for 1 nhl game and 3 ahl games. So hopefully Sarnia's season ends asap.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Would we just send him down to Sarnia if our season ends and they're still playing?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I could swear the AHL clear day was still a thing - didn't Severson, Blandisi, and Boucher all get paper moved to the AHL on deadline day last year? But all googling indicates it's gone, eliminated in 2013. What I can't seem to find, however, is an example of a player in Zacha's theoretical spot - a player who was 19, ineligible to be sent to the AHL until his junior team was eliminated, spent the entire season in the NHL, but ended up playing in the AHL playoffs.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Albany loses 4-1 to Providence. EN for Providence late. Appleby takes the L(Anderson again the backup). Team outshot 26-20.

Mozik with his 7th. PP goal. Lappin with the helper.

Providence does look to be a solid team.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The free fall is now up to 3 losses in a row.

I think its going to get very ugly in Albany the rest of the season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The free fall is now up to 3 losses in a row.

I think its going to get very ugly in Albany the rest of the season.

Ha "free fall".

This is not the first, nor the 2nd time the A-dev's have lost 3 in a row this year. They lost 6 out of 7 earlier in the year and I heard no mention of a free fall at that point.

I think the division is too dang weak to see a complete "free fall" by the A-devs. For example, their next game is against Rochester, currently the last place team in the weakest division in the AHL.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
DD doing his best to chicken little another thread.

Maybe they will miss the playoffs. Maybe they won't. Still lots of hockey to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad