Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
jesus, Bing has a ****ton of people they need to replace

Not any more than any other year, I don't think - the bottom of an AHL roster is always liable to go elsewhere and so's the top.

I could see next year's Binghamton team starting with something like:

Quenneville-McLeod-Lappin
Seney-Pietila-Speers
?-Gignac-Bastian
Baddock-Rooney-Studenic

with guys like Edwardh as extras. I don't think they will bring back Lucia and Kearns is 37. They'll probably need at least 2 UFA forwards. I'm assuming Anderson makes the NHL team but he might not.

The D are mostly going to be the same, I think - Jacobs, Strait, White are under contract and Kapla's an RFA; I assume he'll be back. They want to bring MacDonald back.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
My First Impressions series of reports march on with the latest on Kevin Rooney, and check out next week's feature on Ken Appleby!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into Devils players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Will Butcher
Jesper Bratt
Ken Appleby

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Can you guys give me some insight into Devils players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Will Butcher
Jesper Bratt
Ken Appleby
Butcher- IMO could be a future top pairing for us, a lot of people doubt he'd be able to be a top 2 defenseman, but with the right partner I think he'd be able to do well. Basically will be a better Andy Greene.
Bratt- I'm really confused with him due to him disappearing in the 2nd half of the season, but If he could produce next season at the rate he did in the first half this past year then I think he could be an Elite player. When he was playing well it was so satisfying to watch, great edgework, sick dekes, good puckhandling, was silk on ice. I'd like to see him buff up a bit over the offseason.
Appleby- Uncertain. Only played 3 games, but did have a .945 save percentage, I'd like to see more of him in the future.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Will Butcher
Jesper Bratt
Ken Appleby
Count me as one who doubts Butcher's ability to be a top pairing D-man. He's not that big but more importantly doesn't have the skates. Smart player though with great puck skills. Last year he was very good with very sheltered minutes. And though I am skeptical, his play was such to at least earn the right to get more responsibility. Whether or not he can handle tougher 5v5 assignments I do have confidence he will continue to be effective on the PP.

Bratt came out of nowhere after posting ho hum #'s in the swedish minors last year. He was excellent in preseason, tenacious and skilled, really made his mark on some highlight PK's. Heavy fore checking, winning puck battles, fending off defenders and then finishing. It was pretty amazing. And that carried over into the regular season though it was on the PP where he racked up points. Through the first half of the season there were some who liked him more then Nico, and though I disagreed it wasn't that outlandish to think so. His game really stalled in the 2nd half of the year though it was most likely due to the heavy workload at such a young age. Conditioning an strength training should be priorities this off season.

Appleby has had some OK seasons in the AHL, but this past season he was the best goalie behind what was a very bad team, so the #'s might be misleading, in the short time we saw him in NJ, I thought he looked pretty lumbering.

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->